Fish

BabyBrain

Reaction score
Last week the hv told me to start giving him white fish. I know he can't have shellfish but we don't eat that much of it anyway. I've been using the ella's kitchen pouches and they do a fish one but unfortunately it has milk in it. I don't mind making it myself and would mash it through a sieve to make sure there are no bones but I just don't know what to put it with! Also isn't fish quite high on allergy risk? his dietician made it clear that as he has one intolerance he is at higher risk of others.

You could make a fish pie with mash, carrots, broccoli etc?

What is his allergy bb? Milk?

Not sure. I worry about the bones in fish too. Have you thought of cooking and peeling a fish finger? Are they less likely to have bones?

Harry had a fish finger last week!

He's also had cod and haddock- I've just cooked it and then flaked it so that you know there's no bome
The flakes are big enough for him to pick up then

We've also made Tuna croquettes (though could do with any fish) - basically some mash potatoe mixed with tinned Tina or any fish, rolled into croquette shape and then in breadcrumbs

Cool for about 20mins and Harry loves them!

If Bertie doesn't have finger foods can just mash it up?

You could make a fish pie with mash, carrots, broccoli etc?

What is his allergy bb? Milk?

Its lactose and you wouldn't believe how much stuff has milk products in them. He can't even have fish fingers :(. I'll have a go with the pie and the croquettes thanks ladies

oh thanks for this, love the croquette idea, will def give that a go.

sardines or tuna?
ive given alyssa sardines on toast and my mum gave her some brassa (sp?) on wednesday last week. i dont really eat fish unless its battered cod lol

hey hun

cow n gate to do a fishermans bake without milk in suitable from 6 months! bought one for Alfie then realised he wasnt quite 6 months so left it in cupboard for a few more weeks!

i get what you say about other intolrences as i was told to keep away from a lot of things incase it caused another allergy "its so annoying" personally wouldnt recommend sardines as they contain a mercury substance which is highly alergic my OH has no allergies but certain tins of sardines he reacts too coz of the mercury content so if A is at risk i would steer clear xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back