First visit

Prague

Reaction score
Hi,

as it counts from the first day of last period im 5 weeks pg can anyone tell me when i should go to see doctor first time. I saw her last week they took my blood for results and i called on Monday and they said its positive but thats it. Can anyone help please.
Thank you

I think it varies but if you phone your Dr's surgery they should advise you. In my case I saw the Dr at about 8 weeks I think but all he did was tell me not to eat for two in case I put on too much weight and took my blood pressure. He gave me the number of the midwife unit near us and when I phoned them they gave me an appointment for 11 weeks where they did blood pressure, blood tests, a urine sample and asked me lots of questions which they put in my book which I have to take with me to all future appointments. Hope this helps! I still find it strange that you're largely left to your own devices during the first trimester- thank God for the internet and message boards like this one!

+++

thank you very much for your answer. The problem is that i live in UK but originally im from Czech Republic. So its complicated for me. I have a doctor back home because im visiting very frequently but they are not much into my pregnancy as i experienced. Im going to call in the afternoon again and will be hard on them and ask all my stupid questions i have.
Did you also have experienced light cramping in lower abdominen in early pregnancy. I do have them it comes and goes and i would say its more uncomfy then painfull otherwise i dont have any other symptoms only my boobs are sore but its not that bad. Is it normal?
Sorry for bother with that but i cant help myself from fear that something is wrong

Hi,

yes I did have exactly that kind of cramping- like period pains but not actually painful. I had them from 3 weeks until about 8 weeks on and off- sometimes on and off all day. Lots of women on here have experienced it too so unless it's actually painful I wouldn't worry. I've got a different kind of stretchy cramping feeling right now actually and I was just panicking about that on the Second Trimester board so don't worry about worrying as we're all at it!! (Someone has just said that she's having the same feeling too and that it's natural- so phew!)

Are you from Prague? I love that City- I've only been there three times but my husband and I got married in the Old Town Hall four and a half years ago. It was just the two of us and a Czech company hired witnesses for us and sorted it out. It was really beautiful as it snowed the next day (it was just after Christmas). This year we were in Prague for Christmas with our best friend- we had a lovely time as it didn't seem as commercial and manic as it does in England, we stayed in Prague 5 and did lots of walking around in the non-touristy bits. We've been to Cesky Krumlov too but apart from that haven't travelled around the Country much although we'd love to in the future :).

Hope you get some answers from your doctor :)
+++

:)

Prague is very nice city and yes i was born here and lived there till i moved here i miss that city and always looking forward to go back. Me and my partner were also thinking to get married in Old Town Hall but then we changed our minds and getting married in Carribean. I have a huge family and we wanted private wedding. Cesky Krumlov is also very beatiful and also you should see Karlovy Vary, spa town :)
I have spoken to my doctor and she said that when im not bleeding at all then everything should be ok even according to amount of HCG in blood it looks like good pregnancy on its place. But she didnt make me calm down much. I will go to see doctor here next week to make sure that its realy where its suppose to be because then we are leaving to Jamaica for wedding. Which also doesnt make me that happy anymore because im scared of flying :-( still something

Hi,

wow- the Carribean will be amazing! Is it just the two of you going or are some of your family going with you? Our familes were fine about the two of us just going it alone- we just wanted something private like you say and without lots of fuss but beautiful. Glad your doctor thinks you're ok but good idea to see one here if you still want to talk to one. I hope he or she is more comforting :) .

Jamaica will be well worth the flight I'm sure- I'd love to visit there- hope you have a great time and a beautiful wedding :D

+++

its my mom my brother and my parners sister....very small wedding.
you have such a good power calming me down :) thank you for that.
its funny because when i was reading about flying during first trimester some doctors are saying its safe to fly other ones its not that safe...so its confusing :)
Thanks again

Hi,

there's a post about flying here:-

http://www.pregnancyforum.co.uk/forum/v ... php?t=1059

It's posted by a very helpful midwife who posts on these boards. I think several ladies on here have flown in the first trimester and have been fine :)

Wish I could stay calm too- I was a right mess this morning with my new stretchy feelings! I think it must just be a pregnancy thing to be a bit paranoid :wink:

+++

can any1 please give me some advice i have posted a msg on the INTRODUCE YOURSELF forum... Thankyou

thanks i think my problem is that i want to hear just fly girl nothing will happen :) but yes you are right pregnant woman are sensitive to every little cramp....thats the way it go
im not working so its also kind a problem because i have too much time for checking me :) need to do something..

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back