First trip to docs?????

Island girl

Reaction score
Hi all, am a newbie to the forum, and to pregnancy as well :)

I have done two tests and got my bfp...but when do I need to make my first trip to the docs? My OH is away with work and not back on island until 9th Feb so I wanted to wait till then so he can cone to, or should I go now??
Oh and I am just 4 weeks ( I did a test before my AF and another today which is when I was due on )
Advice appreciated xx

Heya!!

Congratulations on your BFP.... I didn't get to see my doctor but it varies between area's if you give your surgery a call they will either book you in to see a doctor or tell you to book in to see the midwife at around 8 weeks.

I didn't take my hubby but it's completely up to you, the midwife will ask you about your medical history and will take blood samples.

Hope this helps x

Congratulations on your BFP!

I wasnt seen by the midwife until i was nearly 9 weeks, they tend not to see pregnant ladies before 8 weeks due to the risk higher risk of mc unfortunatley. But if you have any worries etc you can book to see your gp just for reassurance. you start worrying about every little pain lol but most pains are natural as i have learnt!

x

I saw my doctor at 6 weeks and my Midwife a couple of days later, but like other says it varies depending where you live.

Congrats! :D

I didnt see my gp got told I didnt need 2 saw my midwife just b4 8 weeks

Welcome to PF and congrats on ur BFP!!

I booked an appt with my dr as soon as I found out and saw her a week later, where she confirmed it with a test.
I then saw the midwife 2 weeks after that and had my booking in appt.

Every area does it differently, give ur surgery a call and see what they say :) x

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

Thanks everyone! I am a bit of a worrier....sounds like I don't need to book an apt just yet!

Welcome and many congrats to you!

As the others have said different area vary - I booked an appointment with my GP at about 5/6 weeks. All she did was added it to my notes, make the referral to the midwife/sonographer and give me a prescription for folic acid. In my area the first appt with the midwife is at the same time as the sonographer/booking in appt.

I saw my gp right away and she simply referred me to the midwife and said I should hear from them when I am around 8 weeks. But, as other ladies have said, it varies in different areas.

Congrats on you bfp and fx for a happy and healthy pregnancy :)

XX

My doctor said she didnt need to see me and told me just to book an appointment with the midwife. And I have my appointment tomorrow!

I saw the doctor but only to discuss medication. Otherwise receptionist filled in form for midwife I saw midwife bout 8 weeks next time at 16 weeks x

Went to doctors at 9 weeks and he referred me to the community midwife team x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back