first trimester worries about loosing the baby

harrison100119

Reaction score
I am getting towards the end of 10 weeks and am feeling really down and anxious. All was going really well, I even enjoyed the nausea over christmas as I knew that meant everything was going well. I have started to wear maternity clothes as bump grew a little and new bra for larger and painful breasts. But last week the nausea stopped suddenly, my breasts are less sore and I just don't feel pregnant anymore. I still have migranes which my mum said are hormonal and the constipation is there sometimes but I am so worried about these symptoms suddenly stopping. I have had no bleeding or cramps.

I had a blighted ovum when I was 19 and it wasn't til the ultrasound that i discovered there was no baby. I still have 12 day til my 1st ultrasound and i am so scared they are going to tell me I have lost the baby. My partner is so supportive but obviously he can't tell me everything is alright cause we just don't know.

Did anyone else have symptoms just stop toward end of third trimester or did they fade like it says in the books?

Hi honey. I'm so sorry to hear you are so worried. I would suggest ringing nhs 24. They may give you an out of hours appt and refer to the early pregnancy assessment unit. Try to keep hopeful. Take care and :hugs: xxx

Hi, try not to worry. People on here have had exactly the same sudden stop of symptoms. Mine have more of less gone and I feel a lot more normal than I did 10 days ago.

Try not to let it worry you as that's no good for you or the baby. The stop of symptoms may well be the placenta taking over, which is a good sign.

If you've not had any bleeding or painful cramps then there is no reason to suspect anything is wrong.

Fx everything will be fine this time for you and we'll all be cooing over your scan pic soon xx

It's perfectly normal what you're feeling (or not feeling!).. I'm 15 weeks and no longer feel pregnant. Just do a search for 'no symptoms' on here and you'll see you're not alone :) If you have no bleeding or cramping I'm sure things are fine. I'm still finding it surreal that I'm growing a baby as I can't feel anything! xx

Hi hun, try not to worry, easier said than done I no lol. My sickness stopped completely at 11 ish weeks, literally really sick one day, and none at all the next, but came outta nowhere a week later!! , I don't generally get sore boobs either, they just hurt whenever they feel like it lol

I know it's hard to feel reassured, but this is soo common. The placenta starts to take over at around 10 weeks which means your symptoms could lessen. I used to squeeze my boobs every day to make sure they were still sore, but around week9/10, they were much less sore and have been ever since.

Obviously no one can say for definite that everything is ok but what you are experiencing is completely normal so please try not to worry x x

Hi hunny! So glad I found your post!! I've have felt exactly the same the last two days. My boobs have been so much less sore and hard, and felt less nauseous. Although I didn't feel very bad anyway. When I woke up this morning I convinced myself that was it, but i have been so worried the whole way through. I'm not going to relax until my scan on the 30th.
I could have wrote your post myself!! Let's hope we are reassurance for each other!! Xx

at around 10 weeks your chance of mc is down to 3%. also as far as i know a blighted ovum isnt that common. if you have had no bleeding or pain everything is normal.

enjoy your pregnancy sweetie everything will be ok xx

Thank you for all your kind words, unfortunately I live in France so there is no nhs here. It is reassuring that I am not the only one having anxious thoughts. I will try to stay positive til the 30th which still seems so far away!

Heya!! I feel completely the same, so anxious.... my nausea has pretty much ceased unless I am around meat which still makes me feel sick. My boobs are bigger but the pain has gone completely and feel really normal to the touch.

I posted about this earlier in the week, we have a week to go until our first scan and I keep having nightmare about it!!

Some of the other ladies reassured me as they have done here, they are brilliant. We care about our babies so much we worry about every little thing, it is natural.

xx

I can only echo what everyone else has said, it's really normal for everything to die down around 10 weeks. I started feeling wonderful at about 9-10 weeks. Unfortunately the nausea and vomiting came back with a vengeance at 11 weeks and is still here!!!

It's such a worrying time but everything you've described sounds totally normal :hug:

I made a post about 2 weeks ago freaking out cause symptoms had all gone. spoke to midwife and she Said its.normal!. my sickness has infact come back the last 2days!

Mine stopped 9 - 10 weeks I had same concerns but all was fine on scan. Like the girls have said it's normal :) x

Oh hun, as youve had a problem before wikth blighted ovum, its only natural that your going to get worried as 12 weeks approaches, it's an awful feeling to find out by scan (been there in 2010).

Your symptoms can al start getting less as you get towards 12 weeks anyway, as your placenta is taking over the running of it all - try to take a day at a time, and keep yourself busy with other things and the 12 days will fly by XX

its normal to worry and its also normal for symptoms to die down as the placenta takes over. You may even find that your having some good days and they will come back. I felt good for the last few weeks nearly normal but the past week or so i feel like i did in tri 1. Hope your scan goeswell x

I was thinking the same! Tanya4beauty! I am both excited and nervous about the scan - at least then I will know. Thank you again to everyone you have all been so kind and helpful getting me through this horribly anxious stage. I will let you know any updates as soon as i can...massive headaches at the moment from stress and hormones, still feeling massive aversions to lots of food - maybe i have that instead of actually being sick now.

Thank you all again ever so much

Hurray I had the scan and heard the heart beat! The baby was waving and kicking and turning summersaults all the time! It was wonderful and we are so happy! Thankyou guys for all of your support x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tchotchke
Back