First trimester paranoia

MrsMcG

Reaction score
Hi ladies just looking for some reassurance. 37yrs old, just found out we are 6 weeks pregnant (1st child) . Have gone from being fairly relaxed person to completely paranoid about baby growth, development, miscarriage, scrutinising my pee everytime I'm at the loo (in case of any blood or colour change) and every single new twinge I feel in my body I worry about. Is anyone else like this?

Love to all

I think this time on the pregnancy is a worry. Try and think positive every day is a blessing and the baby is getting stronger xxxx

I think this time on the pregnancy is a worry. Try and think positive every day is a blessing and the baby is getting stronger xxxx

Thanks Zoe_Helen, trying my best to stay positive I do have my good days but as this is all new I have no idea what to expect. The doctor said as long as I've no excruciating pain or heavy bleeding, everything else is pretty normal so I'm counting my blessings!

I’m 8 weeks tomorrow and I feel the exact same!!
It’s easy to say don’t worry but I know my worry won’t go away until I reach 12 weeks so I think it’s more realistic to stay distracted xxx

I’m 8 weeks tomorrow and I feel the exact same!!
It’s easy to say don’t worry but I know my worry won’t go away until I reach 12 weeks so I think it’s more realistic to stay distracted xxx

Thanks April it's good to know we aren't alone or going crazy which is really how it feels sometimes! If you get any good tips/remedies for relaxing ie herbal let me know and I'll do the same. Very best of health to you and the bun xxxx

Get yourself over to December Mummies where everyone is at the same stage, going through the same worries, very reassuring :)

How u are feeling is perfectly normal. I was exactly the same. Just take things easy and find stuff to take your mind off it. Easier said than done I know. I tried to read books but couldn't focus. I found a good box set on Netflix helped me out for relaxing. The time leading to the 12 week scan seems to take forever

Thanks Jellybean, I really appreciate the support this is all so new that my body has no idea how to feel. Trying my best to keep relaxed and distracted, bit of light exercising and housework and the trusty Netflix. The 12 week scan feels like miles away and I'm resisting the temptation to go for an early one. I've got another 7 months to try be patient!

Thanks Jellybean, I really appreciate the support this is all so new that my body has no idea how to feel. Trying my best to keep relaxed and distracted, bit of light exercising and housework and the trusty Netflix. The 12 week scan feels like miles away and I'm resisting the temptation to go for an early one. I've got another 7 months to try be patient!

My advice is to wait till 12 weeks. Sometimes they cant see much on early scans and can make u feel worse. After my mc I was convinced I would be doing early scans when I got pregnant again but I decided not to and I'm glad I waited if I am honest. I kept getting symptoms and then they would go which would worry me but again, perfectly normal.

I think I am going to wait for the 12wks to be honest. I've never smoked or drank, was never big on caffeine but have cut out what little I had in my diet, am vegetarian, walk a lot and visit my trainer once a week. I figure that I'm about as healthy as I can be at my age, so just hoping it benefits the baby and the rest of the pregnancy is healthy.

I know it's crazy but. We are waiting till 12 weeks too xxx I am the worst worrier in the world at the moment a day to me feels like a week xxx

I feel the same Zoe_Helen, every day just feels soooooo long. My Mum is dying to tell people, My soon to be husband is dying to tell people I'm just trying to be sensible and hold off a little bit. I think the 12wks scan is going to be when it really hits me xxxxx

Having a crap one today. Does anyone else just wake up feeling miserable for no reason? I was dreading work, questioning my career, and feeling terrible for no reason I could think of. To top it off, I feel worried when I'm ill with the pregnancy then I feel worried when I feel well with the pregnancy. What the heck!! Xxxx

Having a crap one today. Does anyone else just wake up feeling miserable for no reason? I was dreading work, questioning my career, and feeling terrible for no reason I could think of. To top it off, I feel worried when I'm ill with the pregnancy then I feel worried when I feel well with the pregnancy. What the heck!! Xxxx

Totally understand that feeling. I worried when I had symptoms then if they went away, boom I was worrying again! You will be fine. Just rest plenty and drink water. Look after yourself. I found most of my back ache and ligament pains happened in weeks 8 to 10 and now I'm 27 weeks and starting to feel quite heavy and got lots of pressure low down. My advice is enjoy the 2nd trimester as it flies by and you will generally feel good!

Thanks Jellybean. Am better today, no real aches or pains but am resting more and trying to eat healthier I think. Its tough keeping things all pent up before the scan. And sometimes instead of my family telling me "not to worry" or saying "have you been googling too much" I wish they'd just listen. Pregnancy is a challenge, especially a first one, and my body has never experienced this hormone ever. So it's bound to be a bumpy road for a bit I figure xxxx

Thanks Jellybean. Am better today, no real aches or pains but am resting more and trying to eat healthier I think. Its tough keeping things all pent up before the scan. And sometimes instead of my family telling me "not to worry" or saying "have you been googling too much" I wish they'd just listen. Pregnancy is a challenge, especially a first one, and my body has never experienced this hormone ever. So it's bound to be a bumpy road for a bit I figure xxxx

Yes definitely. It gets better though I promise. Certainly from 20 weeks once you have had that scan. Xx

Hello ladies I'm exactly the same I'm 6 weeks and 2 days but so worried and so scared. Never been pregnant before and I am very worried. Everything I'm worrying about miscarriage and things along those lines.

Hi Girls, Im 6 weeks 2 days roughly, had some spotting over the last few days very light/brown, midwife an EPU said not to worry and just monitor. I miscarried back in August with my first at about 4/5 weeks so the blood has obviously scared me quite a bit and can't help but think is it happening again as these early weeks are so worrying but the blood is completely different from last time so just trying to remain positive, has anyone here had any light spotting if so any advice? thanks Claire xxx

Hi Girls, Im 6 weeks 2 days roughly, had some spotting over the last few days very light/brown, midwife an EPU said not to worry and just monitor. I miscarried back in August with my first at about 4/5 weeks so the blood has obviously scared me quite a bit and can't help but think is it happening again as these early weeks are so worrying but the blood is completely different from last time so just trying to remain positive, has anyone here had any light spotting if so any advice? thanks Claire xxx
Will your local epu not give you a scan or do bloods to make sure everything is okay? Spotting can be normal but it’s also worth getting checked out to xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back