First Tri Foods!

BlondeP

Reaction score
What is everyone eating this trimester? I want to give baby the best chance possible and heard broccoli & spinach were good! High iron & folic acid! So we have just had this on a pastry sheet for dinner!

Looking for more inspiration to eat before the sickness hits!!!! ❤️

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 18
I would just go with your body Hun. Sickness, aversions and cravings are different for everyone. For me it was loads of orange juice and fruit at first, then chocolate. They say you crave what you need. I don't think eating makes much of a difference as people with hyperemesis still go on to have healthy babies.
Like you said just eat what you can/like before the sickness hits.
But if you want to eat healthy then foods high in iron/protein and calcium are best. Plus fibre for digestion. However if you're taking multivitamins then your body is already getting most of what's needed as they provide the RDA of vitamins needed in pregnancy. Xx

I could barely eat an evening meal in tri 1, just went off food! I tended to eat veggie stuff as meat just turned my stomach.
Pleased to say I have my appetite back in tri 2! x

I heard that as well SLB24, funny how the body works. Maybe I am needing more iron then as I keep craving iron filled foods right now ☹️ I'm the same ruby, the idea of meat makes me feel queezy!!! xxxxx

It is :)
You could try omelettes? With cheese for added protein/calcium? Beans/cheese on toast? Mixed bean salad, vegetable chilli with beans, vegetable lasagnes, spaghetti bolognese, cauliflower bake, etc. I don't eat meat anyway so I never had that problem lol you could also add spinach to pretty much anything :) xx

Or you could try quorn? It's yummy :) but I know most people don't like it xx

Eggs make me go too haha! And in allergic To Quorn! Not a tricky eater I promise haha. Might just have to live off spinach for a while! Xxxxx

I add spinach to everything. Curries, chilli, spag bol, pasta, fajitas, beans. It mostly just disintegrated when you add it to sauce.

Like princess says just add it to anything. Xx

I'm slowly coming back round to food again he only thing that helped me even in the slightest was cheddar cheese

Cheddar cheese!! I more or less lived off cheese and tomato sandwiches and cheese toasties! It was the only thing I truly enjoyed and looked forward to x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back