First time with Midwife!?

OhWow

Reaction score
Ok so I have my first appointment with the midwife on Monday the 9th and I was reading through the booklet I got sent and it says the appointment will last 2 hours?! What will be happening for 2 hours?? I thought it might just be a bit of blood taken and maybe some lifestyle advice and that be that! Anyone who has had the first appointment with a midwife could you please shed some light? I'm 11 weeks and not seen anybody about my pregnancy yet? Is that possibly a factor?

Thank youuu!! :D

It won't be that long. They say it could be an hour and half up to 2 hours. They'll work through your maternity notes and fill the book in with you, take a water sample, bloods, height and weight and depending on your area you may leave with your dating scan appt like I did. Will also give you some nutritional info and a thousand leaflets to take home. I was in for like 35 mins. X

Mines was near three hours! I was in late afternoon so was waiting between scan (scan and ba was at same appointment) and going into see midwife for like an hour!

Try and think of anything you want to ask too because I found they take more time over the 1st appointment and sometimes your next ones feel more rushed.

Mine was 40 mins!! She did my notes at home, didn't take any blood or do height/weight, they did that at my first scan

Mine was about two hours but I had to talk through both of my other pregnancies and labours and then about my miscarriages too, I think without all that it would have been less than an hour

They also ask you a load of stuff to do with family medical history (like any history of heart disease or birth defects etc etc in immediate family) so that takes a while.

It's usually around an hour, sometimes longer depending on how much the midwife wants to chat about everything lol.

Also don't worry I was 13 weeks when I had my booking in appointment (first midwife contact).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back