First time TTC and using OPKs - confused and in need of help :)

LenaB16

Reaction score
Hi everyone, DH and I have just started TTC and I've recently come off the pill after 10 years. I'm having some major confusion about what is happening to my body and am hoping someone more experienced than I can help me. Here is my recent info:

Last contraceptive pill 12th Aug

Withdrawal bleed 15th (CD1) - 18th Aug (CD4)

Sat 20th - CD6 - DTD PM

Tue 23rd / Wed 24th - CD9/10 - strong intermittent Ov pains (?) on left side. Decided to buy OPK

Thur 25th - CD11 - Neg Clearblue Advanced OPK test (expected as it was setting a baseline)
Fri 26th - CD12 - Neg CBA OPK test
Sat 27th - CD13 - Neg CBA OPK test

Sun 28th - CD14 - Flashing Smiley, DTD AM, a little pink/brown discharge on wiping later that day, dull aches in left side ovary and upper leg. Felt sure I hadn't missed O if I was seeing a flashing smiley after 3 days of negative OPK testing

Mon 29th - CD15 - Flashing Smiley, DTD PM, twinging on left side, stitch like pain on stretching and bending, left upper leg also sore

Tues 30th - CD16 - Flashing Smiley, DTD PM, same stitch like pain in left side and leg on and off, fleeting breast twinge at one point. Little nausea on and off. Had trouble falling asleep and then woke up again at 3am. Felt nauseous briefly right after DTD

Weds 31st - CD17 - Flashing Smiley, same stitch pain in side and leg, sniffles and sneezing, on and off headache, felt tired but ran 14km in the evening however I felt like I'd been hit by a bus afterwards even though I am used to long runs. Experienced flu-ish symptoms which became worse when lying down, felt better on standing. Went to bed and slept well but woke after an hour as I was very thirsty

Thurs 1st - CD18 - Flashing Smiley, DTD PM, felt tired / a bit like I had a hangover and had sore lower back all day and had a weird pinchy headache at the front of my head that came in waves. It was worse in the morning then better in the afternoon. Same stitch pain in left side and leg on and off all day. A lot of gas right after lunch for a few minutes (unusual and it was a healthy lunch). Felt quite full and had pressure around my uterus area late afternoon but felt OK all evening then. Did feel nauseous again briefly right after DTD but then slept well

Friday 2nd - CD19 - Flashing Smiley, stitch is still there in left side into leg. Flu-like symptoms mostly gone. Felt very lethargic at the gym this morning but to be fair I only had 5 hours sleep (went to bed too late). Having definite uterine twinges under my belly button now as well as left side twinges and feel gassy and a little nauseous and a little shakey but I haven't eaten breakfast yet. Mild headache

Other things of note: Not a lot of CM to be found but it is cream in colour. No major breast changes (nipples maybe darker?). No metallic taste in mouth or over production of saliva. I think my cervix is soft, low and wet but I've not been checking it long so who knows. I'm not off my coffee. I am a little emotional at times it nothing uncontrollable. No extreme sense of smell or hot flashes.

As I don't know my cycle length yet maybe I started the OPKs too late to get a solid smiley so I've missed ovulation and that's why I've not had a solid smiley?

Did I actually ovulate CD9/10 and catch the egg with sperm from CD6? It felt like the ovulation pains I used to have - increasing in strength until a maximum is reached then dulling after that. Or have I not yet ovulated at all? I just feel so many symptoms but maybe they are from stopping the pill? I have taken a few early HPTs but they were all neg.

Can anyone offer any opinions as I feel I am swimming in a sea of info and can't see things clearly anymore :/

So many questions, grateful for any advice x

If you did ovulate early, your ovulation test wouldnt give flashing smileys.
You would get a solid ring x
Maybe you geared up to and didn't and gearing up again x

I know a few girls get strong symptoms after coming off the pill x

It must be that. I just feel SO utterly crap, much more than I thought but I guess that can happen. If I did O when I thought I did then you're right, I wouldn't be getting flashing smileys. But then I did read that oestrogen levels go up again after fertilisation though so I wondered it if were possible I did catch that egg and the flashing smiley is reflecting that increase in oestrogen rather than a pre-ovulation rise

I have read somewhere that once the CB digi detects high fertility it will continue to show the flashing face until it registers peak.

i got peak this morning after 3/4days of flashing smileys. I think you may have also missed your ovulation surge?

It's possible sugarpop but I'm hoping my body was gearing up and then stopped and is going to start again. Probably wishful thinking though :-/

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back