First time trying

Paige Loyd

Reaction score
Hello all-
This is mine and my husband's first time trying to conceive. Currently in the 2WW and losing my mind. I have always wanted to be a mother and I feel at 28 y/o I am getting a late start (even though my doctor has reassured me I am totally okay). I 've become obsessed with taking pregnancy tests. I pee more than normal, pregnancy test. Feel nauseous, pregnancy test. Headache.... you guessed it, pregnancy test. I know its ridiculous. I had a long self pep talk and have gotten better about not taking tests on every whim. However, recently, I've become more crampy, hungry, boobs hurt, and really really exhausted for no reason. I'm trying not to justify taking a test with all these new symptoms and wait out the 5 days for a missed period but it's rough. I guess I just need some words of encouragement and validation that it is okay for me to be feeling this way..

Hello all-
This is mine and my husband's first time trying to conceive. Currently in the 2WW and losing my mind. I have always wanted to be a mother and I feel at 28 y/o I am getting a late start (even though my doctor has reassured me I am totally okay). I 've become obsessed with taking pregnancy tests. I pee more than normal, pregnancy test. Feel nauseous, pregnancy test. Headache.... you guessed it, pregnancy test. I know its ridiculous. I had a long self pep talk and have gotten better about not taking tests on every whim. However, recently, I've become more crampy, hungry, boobs hurt, and really really exhausted for no reason. I'm trying not to justify taking a test with all these new symptoms and wait out the 5 days for a missed period but it's rough. I guess I just need some words of encouragement and validation that it is okay for me to be feeling this way..

Hi and welcome :) Very normal to want to test every 5mins, especially when you’ve just started trying! Remember though the absolute earliest you’ll get a positive is 5 days before your period is due (and even then it’s not common and better to wait). As soon as you want a baby you notice every tiny niggle and chalk it up as a possible sign, and usually it doesn’t mean anything.. Good luck, I hope this is a quick journey for you!

Hello all-
You’re not alone!! Honestly when I was married and my ex husband had a vasectomy despite my personal feelings… I hoped so much to be that 1% it failed.. I tested if my cycle was off etc. It’s only ever taken me one cycle to get pregnant when trying, all 3 babies including the one I’m carrying. But I always start testing around 8dpo. I buy the cheap bulk strip tests and I go through them all. I hope you get your bfp quickly <3

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back