First time positive OPK

ClaireDoll

Reaction score
So granted I haven't been using the OPK's that long in my ttc journey as we were trying to be relaxed and go with the flow previously, we then had an early loss and have been trying properly since as that really cemented that we really want a baby more than ever. Never managed to get a positive opk in the previous few months of testing, tonight I think it's finally happened, deffo darker than the control line, usually get no line or a super faint line. I genuinely thought I'd missed my fertile window this month, have had slight pains on my left side ovary area, so just decided to test before bed. We haven't been Dtd all that much this month due to other things getting in the way but did bd earlier today but I didn't attempt to keep any inside (sorry if tmi!) so hoping that won't be affecting too much, I do usually make a conscious effort to do deeper positions and so the whole lay still for 30 mins afterwards so could kick myself tbh. Will make extra effort to bd again tomorrow, but fingers crossed!!! X

Would love a second opinion on my test line but can't get the photo to upload!

I think its a positive too! I have only just started OPK's myself
What were your results the past few days?

Last edited:
Haven't been very good at doing them several times a day, been trying not to be too obsessed! They are usually either no line or very faint line, this one was cd15, cd14 was a slightly clearer line than usual but still not anywhere near as dark as control, and I know your not meant to test after you get a positive but tested today and it's back to faint x

If the rest are lighter I'd say this is your positive out of the lot. I've just started and as soon as i got a faint line i started twice a day. Not to be obsessed but to make sure I caught it. But even so I thought I got a positive on saturday, yesterday morning was a faint. Yesterday afternoon I got a whopping cant miss positive, way darker than the day before.
So we've been BD'ing all weekend, and gonna try tonight too just incase :)

I seen your OPK's on another thread, definitely a massive positive yesterday afternoon! Sorry I may have worded my last post a bit backward, I wasn't suggesting testing more than once a day was obsessive, I just have a bit of a 'type a' personality and a few days I was testing 4 times a day to try and catch it, so had to force myself to relax about it all a bit. Nothing else for it but BD'ing like mad lol, baby dust to you! X

Haha no worries, i can see where you're coming from if you say 4 times a day. Dont know where to find the time lol. Have had a crazy busy week at work too so hope we did enough and can find energy later lol.
But to say this was my first round with OPK I guess we nailed that right on the head (test wise that is)
:dust: baby dust to you too x

Haha no worries, i can see where you're coming from if you say 4 times a day. Dont know where to find the time lol. Have had a crazy busy week at work too so hope we did enough and can find energy later lol.
But to say this was my first round with OPK I guess we nailed that right on the head (test wise that is)
:dust: baby dust to you too x

According to the August testing thread we're on track to test on the same day, hope we can hold off til then and not be naughty! Ffingers crossed for early BFP's for both of us!

Shame it takes so long! I hate the wait. (guess we all do)
Good luck if you're still gonna DTD and think lots of positive thoughts ! X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back