First time mummies... So how would you describe the feelings of baby moving?

SiameseCatLady

Reaction score
I think I am imagining movements because I want to feel them! I am 20+2 but I can't tell as to whether or not I am actually feeling the movements!
Some feel high up in my lower ribs and some right side next to belly button.
Almost like muscle flickerings, but I have no words to describe them otherwise.
Think anxiety is there too, particularly as have 20 weeks scan tomorrow and got horrible feelings something is wrong.... For no reason in particular, but just can't believe my beautiful baby will be ok 😢

That sounds right. It was like a flutter and twinges! Hope everything goes ok for you tomorrow xx

I would say that's what I felt in the beginning. Almost like a trapped nerve kind of muscle twitch, but it was at random places around my tummy. How exciting.

Thanks ladies.... Glad to know it's in different places in people's tummies.
The most bizarre but wonderful feeling ever.
Do you feel that it goes on for ages sometimes?!

It sometimes feels like wind, and little butterfly flutters! This is my 4th and i've not had much movement yet either xxx

Mine sound exactly how you are describing. I'm currently 24+3.
I started feeling flutters around 16 weeks and they started out feeling almost like a couple bits of popcorn popping. Now they're very strong and feel like proper kicks / punches. And mine too were also random places, they still are. They've a lot of room to move around still and sometimes I feel a kick some place and also another in a different place at the same time. Assume it's because everything is connected. Enjoy them!

How did your scan go?

I got a regular pulsing feeling lower down, which I have now established is baby hiccups!

I'd describe the first feelings like, you know when you're tired and you get that eyelid twitch, that feeling but in your tummy! Lol x

Last edited:
I'd describe the first feelings like, you know when you're tired and you get that eyelid twitch, that feeling but in your tummy! Lol x

Haha yes this is exactly how I would describe it, I'm 18 weeks today. :)

I also think its like muscle spasm things, then its like a tapping, and now its unmistakably baby kicking me! So nice to feel it though xx

Glad it sounds like the same thing! Over the last day or,so, I have found that it's much clearer that it's definitely it!
Had my scan and all was good!
Measuring on low end of normal on thighs, but apparently ok. Head spot on and stomach high end of normal!
Anyone else had low need of normal?
X

I have felt this feeling at least once a day for the past 5-6 days and I am sure it's the baby having a wiggle!

The only way I can describe it is when you have an itch but it's on your foot or your back or somewhere that an itch it hard to get rid of, and no matter how hard you poke and scratch you can't reach it? It feels like that on the inside of my tummy!

Sound like a crazy person here haha!

Last edited:
Movement for me feels like bubbles popping, but getting stronger each day... The little man kicked so hard today my belly moved- something that I wasn't sure of seeing being a plus sized mummy to be!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back