First time Father to be!

DieselPatton

Reaction score
My Fiancé is pregnant! We found out last week. At first I was scared. But after that night I am only excited beyond belief! I'm 20 years old, she's 22. I've owned my own 4 bedroom, 3 full bathroom house since I was a teenager and I feel I'm doing fairly well. But I need some advice. Definitely new to the scene and need help. First off, she's about a month in and we need help on confronting my parents. Though I don't depend on them for anything but their love and company, I still care about what they think. They've said to me few times in the actually pretty recent(3 months or so) past "Make sure you're practicing safe sex". Just looking for someone to help on how I could approach them with the news! Thanks everyone!

Last edited:
I think the best approach in that situation would be to wait a few more weeks until you've had the first scan. Then approach your parents. Tell them you're expecting a baby and that you're both very happy and hope that they will share that happiness with you. Then offer to show them the pictures from the scan. If they arent happy for you both then try to remain calm and just confirm that you are both happy to be expecting and that you're very disappointed that they arent happy for you, then allow them time to let it sink in :) I was 22 when pregnant with my first baby and my mother really wasnt happy at first even though we had our own home and jobs etc. I just said that it was my life to live and that I was happy with my choices. Good luck!

Thank you so much! Feel a whole lot better now that I have some good advice! Don't be surprised to see me posting often as I will have many questions and concerns for the community during the journey of our first child!

Congratulations and good luck xx

Congrats!! I agree with the previous advice... wait until the scan to give you both time to adjust and to know that all is ok then tell them and explain that you're both really happy. Even if they're a bit worried at first because you're young I'm sure they'll come round :smile: x

Hi and congrats! Agree with the comments above, allow the news to sink in with yourselves 1st and check all if good at the scan and then tell them x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back