First Time BBT, confused

Salley

Reaction score
So this is the first cycle I've ever tracked BBT and it's positively confusing! I've compared my chart to other charts and presume I'm out of the baby race this month because my temperature is dropping. Then again, I was told that some women's temp could drop during implantation. Here's my big question marks:

When taking BBT is it true that you're absolutely not supposed to move at all? I take my temp every morning before getting out of bed, some mornings I wake up an hour before my "temp time" and just stay in bed until it's time to take it... I also tend to stretch/move around in bed before I reach for my thermometer; am I throwing off my numbers by doing this or is taking the temp before getting out of bed the major take away?

Is it normal to have dips/rises in temperature throughout your cycle? Around the time I believe I ovulated this month I had a fairly significant dip rise dip in my temp, then the hallmark 3-day rise in temp after ovulation. This sort of ties in to my first question of "am I doing this right?"

I'm sure I'll have more questions, but those are the major question marks in my head about BBT, I'm going to attach my chart too so those of you more experienced can let me know if it looks right? Thank you in advance for any help in making sense of this!

My Ovulation Chart

Here is my chart, you can see it is up and down quite a lot and this is normal as long as you get a temperature shift when you expect after OV.

You are best to take your temperature straight as you wake up before you move much or sit up.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 6
Yours did the same W deal just before ovulation too... Thank you for sharing, helps make a little more sense! With the temp, I was trying to keep the time consistent.. I do fall back asleep when I wake up too early but I usually have myself a stretch before reaching for the thermometer. I'll start taking temp as soon as I wake up.

You tend to see a temp dip just before OV

Here are my last cycles too for your reference (bear in mind every lady is different and cycles can alter month to month especially with winter/summer changes etc).

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 5
Another chart

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 4
Another chart :) I won't bore you with any more but these are my last 3 full cycles for your reference. You can see they all vary and are all slightly different, and sometimes they were not taken bang on the time they should have been but the general gist is still evident.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 4
Thank you broody! I'm not as concerned about temping correctly now. I probably just need to do it for a couple cycles and it'll make more sense as I go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back