First tastes...

Em91

Reaction score
Olivia is 19 weeks and has been showing all the signs of being ready to wean for a while so hv recommended we try her with some food!
Gave her some baby rice and got it spat back at me but tried baby porridge and she loved it! She had 7 spoonfuls and probably swallowed three quarters of that. Proud mummy.
What did you give next? Should I stick with baby porridge for breakfast for a week or so or start making fruit and veg purees?
Also how long until you added an extra meal? Sorry loads of questionsuploadfromtaptalk1354959221562.jpguploadfromtaptalk1354959233651.jpg

Using tapatalk can't see tickers

Hi hun.

I have no clue on weaning but just wanted to say i love the pictures!!

:)

XX

Glad I'm not the only one thanks. Xx

I think you can try introduce fruits and vegetables, maybe one at a time mixed with baby rice or porridge as she is still only little.
Best ones to start as they suppose to have low chance to cause allergies as apple, pear, potatoes, carrot, sweet potato and just a little later banana.
I would just go ahead and make her an apple stew and add from that to her porridge a spoon and see what happens. Then after couple of days with that try the same with baby rice mixed with carrot. Once you tried then separately to see if any allergies or tummy upset you can start mixing them together maybe, even vegetable with fruits :)

(I have no weaning experience just reading about all that the past month to make sure I am ready when the time comes)

I suppose you take it slow and have fun?

I would only have a meal per day now as you don't actually want to wean her from milk until 6 months so she shouldn't drop any milk feeds and that's more probable to happen me thinks with 2 meals per day?
Or you can try offer her first her milk and then solids to see of she wants any?

Heya..
I started keira on the porridge in the mornings and the rice with fruit puree other days.
I only did one meal a day and slowly dropped her milk by an ounce as advised by hv.
A couple weeks later i introduced mashed veg mid afternoon again slowly dropping milk.
I see theres no right ot wrong way x

My LO is only 18 weeks, but have given him porridge at 5pm past couple of days... He's loving it. He's just had plain porridge, but we have fruit pots, and pouches. I'm just going to stick with giving him that for a couple of weeks, and just his full milk intake. I don't want to drop any milk yet. Maybe substitute the porridge for something else some nights. I am just going to use the Ella's kitchen pouches etc untill he is fully weaning as he won't eat enough and I think I'd waste alot making my own just now.xxx

No idea on this one Em but just wanted to say how beautiful O is xx

Thank you all :) we tried pureed carrot tonight. . It went down very well !uploadfromtaptalk1355423928791.jpguploadfromtaptalk1355423945493.jpg
She did look at daddy like he was poisoning her at first though lol

I think I'd waste alot making my own just now.xxx

Freezer pots! 8 pack in Poundland, perfect size for one portion pureed fruit and veg, keeps in the freezer for a month :) xx

Oh! That's good to know! Would you add baby milk to make the purée?! Or just the fruit an water?!xx

Can you freeze it if you have put formula in it? Sorry for so many questions xxx

Lolly I asked that and I got told by the hv to freeze it with no milk and when I get it out to thaw to use then the milk to thin it as the consistency may change while freezing and end up to thick or too runny and also it's not a food idea to freeze formula. (According always to the hv)

Thanks! I wasn't really keen on the idea of freezing formula :/ doesn't sound right! :) xxx

I never thinned the puree down as is never needed it and havent pureed any food its amazing how well they eat it xxx

The puree doesn't need thinned down, there's a setting on the blender for smooth puree xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back