First Scan

lmwarr

Reaction score
I know I might just be being a little impatient but really want to know when my first hospital appointment will be (first scan).

I have rang up the hospital today and they say they have no record of me. So rang up my doctors who said they have actually sent off my forms but I wont be hearing anything till at least 13 weeks.

This seems like a long time to wait considering I have had not checkup what so ever since I found out. Is this the same for everyone. When are peoples scans?

Hi I had my first scan at 12 weeks then second one at 20 weeks. This has been the same times for all my mates too.

xx

i booked in with midwife at about 5 weeks and had my scan at 10 weeks xxxxx

So not fair am just worried I am thinking everything is going OK and then will have a scan after 13 weeks and be told different. Suppose am just being silly.

I had an appt with my midwife early days and then had a scan at 12 weeks and again at 20.

Xxx

Hiya,

I found out I was preggers straight away at 4 weeks and rand the docs. but hey said they didn't need to see me until I was 8 weeks. I saw a maternity nurse at 8 wks then saw my midwife at 12, the same day I had my first scan. I had my second scan at gone 23 weeks.

Since i've been pregnant i've seen my midwife twice and my doctor once, seeing him again on Friday as my midwife is fully booked until 9th March!!!!! :shock: :shock:

If you are concerned make an ordinary appointment to see your doctor, but i'm sure it'll all be fine.

Nicki.x :D

I was lucky enough to see my midwife at only about 5 weeks, and have my scan on Wednesday when I'll be 10+1 (hopefully!!)

But I have absolutely no idea what is happening after the scan. Do I wait for my midwife to contact me with another appointment? Will I see my midwife at my scan? Should I be contacting her? It's a bloody mindfield!!! They need to give you some sort of timetable at the first meeting with the gp or midwife telling you what should have happened at a certain stage in your pregnancy, as it seems that all health authorities are different. :?

I live in an area where you get only one scan at 20 weeks. A real bummer! I saw my MW in Jan ( she asked loads of questions and took my BP) and I'm not due to see her until March. Don't worry, all areas are different

Hi lmwarr,
it's interesting that you've brought up this topic as I think the care and attention we get in the first trimester is fairly poor. I too had a bad experience with the administrative staff in my hospital - I'm actually wondering if we're with the same hospital - I had to ring them three times before they acknowledged getting a form from my doctor and fought to get seen at 12 weeks instead of 13 as my husband is away then. I too was told that I wasn't on their books and yet they sent a letter to my neighbour (they had the wrong address for me) a week before! It was outrageous.
I'd suggest contacting them again and fighting hard to get attention.
Good luck with it.
S

Tankett

Im not sure which M/W thing you are under but the general rule is 1st scan at 12 weeks (is yours early because of the twin thing?!), next one is the 20-week scan where they check the baby all over by measurements etc and carry out tests (the tests you are offered depend on whereabouts in the UK you live - so we may get offered different tests to other people on the forum)

I think your midwife should give you all the dates - Im sure thats what mine did. When they register you at your chosen hospital - that hospital should then confirm in writing when your next scan will be.

Good luck for your scan coming up!!!! :lol:

L x

S,
I am with Harold Wood Hospital in Romford Essex. I will be pestering them every week until I hear about my appointment. I will be a pain!

Imwarr,
You go for it girl. It's the only way to get the attention you deserve and need. My hospital is in Surrey. God we're suppose to be forgetful when we're pregnant but there's no excuse for the staff in these administrative offices.
It makes me so cross.
S

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back