First scan... whoa

daftscotslass

Reaction score
It was my first scan but all will become clear after I post!

I found out I was pregnant about 5 weeks ago which came as a surprise (a nice one!) to my partner and I. My doc got me booked in for a dating scan, judging by dates I could be as much as 12-14 weeks (periods were irregular).

Yesterday I was dismayed when the letter I opened told me my appointment was tomorrow (now today) - how on earth could I get it off work? I managed to catch my boss when she came in and she absolutely insisted I go, great. Booked in with midwife, took bloods etc and went off for the scan.

Hmm... the sonographer lady said. Heart jumped. She mentioned she was just in training but took some measurements anyway. "Er... your baby measures 23 weeks". She got her colleague in who confirmed - eek! They ended up doing an anomaly scan which was clear though my placenta is low-lying so I need to go back for a re-scan in 6 weeks. I was excited and nervous before but now I need to do some shopping! AARGH!

Wow!!! That must have been a shock for you!!!!

If I were you I'd hang on for the christmas sales then hit the shops!!

Hope all is well.

Fellow Scot Lass xxx

Wow bet that was a huge shock!

Just think u havent got as long as u thought u had haha!!!!

Best get buying!!!!

xx

Wow!!! :D What a HUGE surprise that must have been!!!

Congratulations too!!

:shock: That must of been a shock.

But you dont have to wait as long to hold your baby now :cheer:
Do you know if you are having a boy or a girl?

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: What a surprise! At least you've got all the scary first tri stuff out the way without even knowing about it!
I didn't out I was pg with James until 11 weeks, and found the first tri really dragged this time around knowing from 4 weeks pg.

Welcome to second tri, not long to go till tri 3! :cheer: :cheer:

yikes! i agree though about the first tri dragging, especially when you know from the fourth week or so; just waiting for the 12 week scan was horrid...

Yikes :shock: :lol:

we are off for our dating scan next thurs (27th) although i didnt keep dates, im pretty sure the date of LMP was 5th Oct, so we can be far off our estimates - but this shows, you never know!!!

Thanks all! Was just at my Christmas night out (minus the alcohol) and I was very shocked at how protective everyone was of me now that they know!

I would have liked to have found out if it was a boy or a girl (though OH wouldn't) but it's against the policy of my local NHS board (apparently). Surprise it is!

I'd really better start getting bub's room organised!

Thanks again all! Pic!

scan.jpg

Glad all is well with baby :D and congratulations! But OH My god- you've already done half of your pg without knowing! Time really will fly by- I'm quite envious actually- the first tri REALLY seemed to go on for ever!

hello :wave:

I replied to one of yours posts in 1st Tri - u are at the same hospital as I am I think ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kiara.y2
Back