First scan at 15 weeks :(

Shell99

Reaction score
Hi ladies!

So I came home to the post with a letter from the hospital with my first scan appt :) needless to say I was really happy!

But it's not until 28th aug putting me at 15 weeks (based on LMP) isn't this a bit late?

Not even within the first trimester! Anybody else scanned so late?

I've not had my booking in appt yet but when I do in a few weeks ill be deemed as hi risk so maybe my midwife or consultant can get the scan brought forward?

What do you think? Am I just being impatient?

how come you got a scan before your booking appointment? Have you been having problems so far? If so, I expect your MW will endeavour to have the scan brought forward

I would give them a call and explain you wil b 15 weeks

Wow 15 weeks is a long time it's usually 10-13 weeks do they know your lmp? I'd speak to your midwife xxx

I would do a search for Nuchal fold test because theres quite a small window that it needs to be done in for them to get a more accurate result. And that's one of the important things they do at 12 week scan. Can you ring them? I think they may have made a mistake.

I've got a early scan coming up, but asked at drs today who told me the midwife won't have booking appointment with me till 16 weeks!

In would deffo contact your MW sounds way too late. If your high risk i would imagine MW would want it bought forward
Xx

You need to contact them becasue if you want to test for downs etc it needs to be done by then i'm pretty sure. They might have your dates mixed up x

Oh wow thanks ladies!

I don't know why the scans booked prior to my first mw appt I guess that's just the way it works around here.

Hmm it's confusing as I'm guessing if I contact the scan dept in hospital they'll refer me back to docs but I can't talk to mw yet as I dont have a mw yet :-/

Well ill have to call somebody as concerned I should be on a higher dose of folic acid naive asprin so I guess ill start with the gp.

Ill call tomo as have my DD home from school now so can't discuss the big secret lol

Thank goodness for this forum! Thank you all ladies ESP Toria111 I searched n realised I'd have completely missed that window!

Scan dept very good though got my gp ref paper work out n had LMP as 5/6/13 I did point out I'd not even have a positive test yet if that were the case!

They have corrected n brought scan forward to 7th aug :) 3 weeks sooner xx

Phew! You would think they would pick up on that dating issue huh!

I know! I'm so tired I'm surprised I even worked it out! Ill have to be on my toes with these I think :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back