FIRST SCAN 14 WEEKS

HELENUK

Reaction score
THIS IS OUR LITTLE BUMP, MAKES IT ALL REAL AT LAST. HOPE YOU ENJOY.X

awww thats a good scan

its a truely amazing feeling isn`t it?

Wow, it's such a good pic, and so clear. I've not attempted to figure out how to put mine on here yet! We should all post them on the same posting for each of our scans though so we can look back on it in years to come!!!

Tan xx

That's an amazingly clear scan picture.

How many weeks are you?

that is so clear - amazing - such a cute baby!!! mine wasn't too clear.. i can see the head, belly, legs, hands and eye but the nose and chin is covered by the hand... yuour pic is brilliant.

Congratulations

x

THANKS LADIES, THEY SAID TO HAVE A FULL BLADDER AS THE PICTURE IS BETTER AND THEY GET A BETTER LOOK, BUT I WAS BUSRTING FOR A PEE( TAKE EVERYTHING TO THE EXTREME !!) MAYBE THAT DID THE TRICK. OH AND NOT TO FORGET IT WAS DONE ON WEDS SO I WAS NEARLY 15 WEEKS.

My scan pics were clear too, I was bursting for a pee, I must have drunk the right amount of water.

Your scan pic gives me an idea of how big our baby is at the moment, it's just incredible. We are so blessed.

Ah that is a brilliant scan picture.

How comes you had to wait until then to have your scan??

That was just the date I was given through the hospital. If I had a choice I would of liked one at around 8 weeks! I didn't have my first appointment with the midwife till xmas week (must be a popular time ) .

Isnt it funny how different NHS trusts offer appointments and scans at different times, it would be better if they were offered roughly at the same time of pregnancy

Yeah it is a bit strange. I can't believe some trusts only offer a 20 wk scan. That's so bad. I'm in East Kent and we get a dating scan if needed/wanted, a 12 wk and a 20 wk. They are pretty good really and like with my last one they got me in at 35 wks really easily too cause they thought he was looking small.

My MW care is good too. It is all done through home visits if you want it or to the local hospitals AN clinic and you get assigned 2 MW's and a reserve so you get to know them quite well before the birth. They are mostly very supportive but there's a couple that can be a little opinonated with regards to breast feeding etc, but mine are great this time round. There are only six MW's in our town though and they rotate every couple of years or so between the surgeries they cover so you generally know all of them aswell as your own. I can't believe how badly some people have been treated with their AN care and at the hospitals etc. It's just so unnecessary at such an emotional time anyway.

Tan xx

Tanya

It sounds like you are very lucky with your midwifes.

I have a community one that I visit at the clinc and then the one at the hospital but I bet you I wont know the midwife I have when I go into labour - I think this is a real shame. I suppose the only way I could guarantee the same mifwife is to hire one privately (I dont have £2-3000 on my money tree in the garden at the mo!!)

This is the same situation as me I have 2 mw throughtout the pregnancy, same ones I had with dd. But when the time comes to go to hospital they will be different midwifes and the annoying thing is you can have a change over aswel at the hospital depending on the shifts they do. The only way I could gaurantte the same mw all the way through is to have a home birth, but I'm not that confident in myself dealing with pain to do that !

Tan,

Your midwifery setup sounds like one of the best we've heard of yet.

We have community midwives so once we get to the hospital it's a different team - not ideal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back