First proper Period

Discussion in 'Baby & Toddler' started by Jo, Jan 1, 2006.

1. Jo

Jo Well-Known Member

hi all , i know this might be a bit TMI but i have just had my first proper period since having Jack, i had a small bleed that lasted about 2 days a few week ago but this is the real deal.

I have really bad cramps that i never got before and also am a lot heavier than i was before. I feel really drained, was thinking about going back on Iron Tablets

Just wondered if any one else has noticed their periods change like this

2. stephlw25

stephlw25 Well-Known Member

My first proper period after having jamie was sooooooo heavy and so painful. But each one after that has been fine but i have gone back on the pill so that has probley got something to do with it!

3. kelly_chunn

kelly_chunn Well-Known Member

i still not had my period yet - emma is 8wks. Not that worried, but would like to know when am gonna come on .

4. Hypnorm

Hypnorm Well-Known Member

i had ewan in august and still no period yet - though i am still breastfeeding, and have been told that could be why? probably have the period from helll when i do come on!

5. Guest

When do you get the first one? Now I'm not expressing I guess it won't be long?

6. Jo

Jo Well-Known Member

Well i have just got mine and Jack is nearly 3 month with Emily it was a lot sooner

7. AmberNicole

AmberNicole Well-Known Member

AF returned at 10 weeks PP and was definately much heavier. Since then...It's still heavy but the cramps aren't nearly as bad as pre-pregnancy! Thank goodness for that!