First Pregnancy

C Baby

Reaction score
Hello everybody,
I have I question and I would like to ask for your in-put.
This is my first pregnancy and I do not go to the Doctor for the first real vist till next friday. I was wondering what all was going to happen at the OB's office next week when I go so I know what to expect.
Thanks for all the help.
J C

Hi JC

my name is Ange , I am 29 and have a baby boy who is 1 next month . I joined a few days ago but have not spoke to anyone yet . Is this your first appointment with the doctor since you found out you are preggers ? If it is all he will do is work out your due date take all your details and pass it all on to the midwife . Dont worry there is no poking around for a while yet ! You will then get a home visit from her before your first 12 week scan . She will ask you loads of questions give you any answers you need and check to see if your mantlepiece has dust on it . Only kidding . Hope you are feeling well .
Speak soon
Ange

HI JC

Are you from the US? (you mentioned your OB)
We are mainly english here so I don't know what the US procedure is. We're a nice bunch though so stick around!

If you are from the US this is what you can expect. A pap if you have not had one with the year, your weight checked, your urine checked for protien and sugar, your blood pressure checked, any questions you have answered, and some blood work. They will check for anemia and sugar levels along with your blood type. They will calculate your due date and if you are not 100% sure they might order a dating ultrasound for you. They will probably give you many samples of prenatal vitamins for you to choose from. Oh yeah they will also check for a heartbeat, but if one is not found don't panic you may not be far enough a long to hear it yet. Hope I helped.

Thanks for all the answers.
Yes I am from the US and you have helped me alot
Thanks again
Jenn

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member