First pregnancy worry

Samsallows87

Reaction score
Hi, I am pregnant. . We have been Ttc for 3 years. I had my LMP June 9th and on July 4th I had slight red bleeding, nothing much just when I wiped after the loo, then the next day brown stuff and it added to be implantation bleeding. So I took a test and it was positive. Since then I've taken a few and they're all clear strong positives including a digital clear blue saying 1-2 weeks, but I am lead to believe these are somewhat behind?

I went for an early scan to gynaecology who said the womb lining was thickening which indicates pregnancy but couldn't see anything else this was on July 7th. He said it's normal not to see anything at this stage. (Vaginal internal scan btw) but I've continued to worry as he made me aware of the risks of ectopic, miscarriage and since then ive been made aware chemical pregnancy. This is supposed to be the most happiest time in our lives and I'm sat here worrying constantly! I've another scan tomorrow and I just keep thinking the worst. Does anyone have anything that they can reassure me with? I'm clutching to straws here. I've had no pain other than cramp type pain lower abdomen and no bleeding at all, other than implantation. I gather most people will say only time can tell, but I'm 4 weeks and 4 days now, would anyone say I'd have some sort of symptom by now if something was wrong?

Last edited:
Hi Sam, congratulations on your BFP! It is only natural to worry but I think some worry more than others (myself included..) it does sound like you're one of us mega-worriers unfortunately.. The thing I told myself was that yes, the odds of miscarriage (including chemical pregnancy) are high but the odds of a healthy pregnancy are higher. The odds are in your favour. Having scans this early is going to be stressful because it can be so difficult to see anything, though it sounds encouraging that your womb seems to be getting ready for a baby :) You're going to be in for a long ride if you sit and think and calender-watch and google the days away (speaking from experience!) so try to enjoy these few days before the symptoms really kick in ;) I wish you all the best with your pregnancy, you and your body will know if something is going wrong, just trust yourself and your instincts xx

Thanks, Kate! I appreciate your reply. I will update when I know more and I just need to try and focus on the positive as you say. It's easier said than done. Some hours I'm so positive, others I'm upset and worried beyond belief and can't shift it no matter what. But, I keep telling myself also I need to stop the worry for the sake of my baby! Thank you :) xx

Yep, I know that feeling!! One minute everything is perfect and the next your world is crashing down! Let's just blame the hormones.. I have been all-consumed with baby thoughts for the past 2 months and am trying desperately to distract myself with work and other important things that I really should be doing instead. Eek! It's exceptionally difficult but you'll get through it - it helps to have a person to talk to who will appreciate your concerns but also help with the positive outlook. I have one friend who is mega brilliant with this. She really does hear and understand my worries but then she can talk me down and make me feel so much better about it. My mother on the other hand (as much I love her) is awful and completely unsympathetic on this front! Good luck lovely, do keep us updated :) xx

Congratulations :) don't worry too much about the scan, they don't really see anything until 6 weeks anyway and they don't see a heartbeat until about 7 weeks. Just look after yourself and try not stress as difficult as that is x

Thanks ladies! I had my hcg taken yesterday they say it's 500, I'm 4 weeks and 5 days approx going by LMP. do you think 500 is okay at this stage? They scanned again and still can't see anything but said womb lining is thick which is good, which is what they said the last time. They are doing my bloods again tomorrow to check they're rising alright. It helps having a forum like this where you can chat to people about your worries!!

Have you been booked in for another scan at all? At least they are ensuring everything is going well with you :), once you get to 5-6 weeks they start to see the yolk sac, then about a week later they will see the fetal pole and then they see the heartbeat .... It's pretty amazing to be honest.

Fingers crossed that your blood test tomorrow shows some increase x

I was in a similar situation to you. I had bloods done around (I'm guessing) 10dpo and they came back as 27. I was told by the nurse at my fertility centre that it may not be a viable pregnancy due to low results. They weren't going to re-test my bloods for another week, there was no way I could wait that long so requested to have them done 2 days later. They had more than doubled to about 60-70ish I think! I was then booked for an internal scan which showed just a sac :-( and went back 2 and a half weeks later to see my baby and his heartbeat! It was such a worrying time, all you can do is think positive. I have my fingers crossed for you!

Ps. I had a lot of crampy type pains and all is well :) apparently its your uterus stretching according to my fertility clinic! xxx

Welcome to pregnancy. I'd like to say it gets easier but honestly it doesn't. I thought reaching 12 weeks was a pretty sure bet I could breathe. Then the 20 weeks. At 25 weeks I've just got out of hospital with spotting. All I can say is try not to worry too much. I think I'll breathe properly when I get to hold my baby in my arms. Wishing you the best of luck & try to enjoy pregnancy as best you can xxx

Thanks ladies. My bloods more than doubled from 512 to 1257.the midwives are happy with that but they're repeating them again on Monday to triple check. But they're planning on doing a scan again next Thursday (a week today) which should make me 6 weeks according to my last period. I'm praying everything will be okay, it's so worrying. The midwives are saying everything seems to be going well so far but they just can't see baby yet, so I'm hoping that they'll be able to see something next week. I really, really, really want this baby and so does my husband. I have no symptoms of pregnancy at all yet, other than the odd cramping feeling but nothing major - has anyone else gotten to five weeks with absolutely no symptoms?

Oh fab news :) they should see something at 6 weeks, don't worry about the symptoms or lack of as with my little boy I had barely any symptoms x

There's a thing called breakthrough bleeding where some women bleed at around the time they would have had a period if they weren't pregnant, so it's quite common to bleed at around 4, 8 and 12 weeks. I won't tell you not to worry because it's impossible ;) but just know that, although nothing has happened so far that has reassured you, at the same time nothing has happened to indicate that anything is wrong. It's just a waiting game that seems to last forever! Good luck!

Thanks ladies. I woke up this morning with some pink soot bleeding with pressure on my lower abdomen. The early pregnancy didn't seem bothered at all, told me to put a pad on and go for a scan on Monday. I said Noway am I waiting that long after you've frightened me saying it could be ectopic! So I went to A&E. Tho, all they could offer me was to have my bloods done to check if my hcg levels are still rising. So I had that done and I'm waiting for my results. Thanks so much ladies, sorry for being such a moan!

That's very rude of them, I hope everything turns out ok x

How horrible for you, though as a side note my epu (who were amazing) said that they really didn't like to scan too often, certainly not twice within a week so perhaps they're just weighing up the pros and cons? I appreciate your worry but I think i'd be reassured by them saying it's nothing to panic about. Are you at greater risk for ectopic? Or did they just say they couldn't rule it out because they hadn't seen baby yet? I wouldn't stress about that in particular - bleeding from ectopic (if any) is usually darker brown and you'd likely be getting other symptoms such as one-sided pain. It is really quite rare if you don't have any of the risk factors. Try not to worry and try to trust the medical professionals, it doesn't help when they're blunt and rude as all you need is reassurance.. I'm sure you'll be just fine xxx

Good luck, I'll be following with my fingers cro for you xx

Well, I got a call saying my bloods had gone from 1257 to 3000 odd today and they asked me to go for another scan. So, I went for another scan (5 weeks and 1 day) and all they could see was a sac, they're saying they were hoping to see more and still can't rule ectopic out. But they said it might just be too early. Anyone had any experience of this? Is it normal to only see a sac at this stage? They tried internal and ultrasound and the tummy scan actually showed the sac more than the internal apparently because I've got a tilted womb.

I was told to begin with because I've pcos I was higher risk ectopic, but midwives are saying to me no I'm not higher risk they're only concerned now because they can't see the baby yet.

Everyone is different but I have seen a lot of early pregnancy scans at 5 weeks where there has just been a sac,

Focus on your rising blood levels though :)

It might be as simple as your dates may be out by a couple of days

They will more than likely scan you again x

Well, I got a call saying my bloods had gone from 1257 to 3000 odd today and they asked me to go for another scan. So, I went for another scan (5 weeks and 1 day) and all they could see was a sac, they're saying they were hoping to see more and still can't rule ectopic out. But they said it might just be too early. Anyone had any experience of this? Is it normal to only see a sac at this stage? They tried internal and ultrasound and the tummy scan actually showed the sac more than the internal apparently because I've got a tilted womb.

I was told to begin with because I've pcos I was higher risk ectopic, but midwives are saying to me no I'm not higher risk they're only concerned now because they can't see the baby yet.

I didn't see a baby Til I was 7 weeks. I'll attach a pic of what I could see. I think it's possible to see baby from 6 weeks though. I hope everything goes well for you xx
29b77c8f0642016fc0dc88af19400956.jpg

I had a scan the other day. I am 6 weeks and could only just see a baby and a tiny heartbeat. But like, literally you could only JUST see it. At 5 weeks I'm lretty sure I'd have seen nothing as it was so so tiny and only 2mm across at this scan!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back