First pregnancy jitters re alcohol

Gaily8

Reaction score
Hi

I found out this week I am pregnant after feeling sick for days and doing a test, ( I was on the pill so it was a shocker!) Been to docs, he thinks I am about 7 wks but waiting for scan. Prior to the test I was carrying on as usual and went to a hen night last week adn week before a big party!!!

I was drinking loads at both and I am now worried about the potential damage I have done. I told doc but he said nothing, literally nothing. Shall I raise it again at scan or is it just a case of keeping my fingers crossed all is ok?

G x
PS. Found this site tonight!!! It is great, only my partner and myself know at present so good to be able to chat to others.

Its quite a commen thing for people to drink before they even know their pregnant. I think the only people, I know that didnt was ones that planned it for that month. I wouldnt beat yourself up about it!

I got absolutely hammered when I was (not knowingly!!) very early pregnant with my daughter.......I was drinking pernod and black of all things and had the hangover from hell the next day, was sick everything.....I don't think I had ever been that drunk or ever have been since.

Once I found out I was pregnant I was convinced she would at least be born purple!! My midwife assured me it's only regular heavy drinking that would do any real harm and that it was a common worry for many women..............here we are, 4 years down the line and appart from her sneeking the odd sip of wine from my glass it did her no harm at all!!

Don't worry!!

You have made me feel much better!!

Looking forward to my first scan now, then I will be able to post my countdown to due date.

G x

about a week before i found out i was pregnant i went to alton towers on a works day. went on oblivion, drank all day long, then continued the rest of the night on black russians.

dont remember much about the rest of the night.

i was worried then when i found out. (i was also on the pill) i spoke to the midwife she assured me that many women drink at the start of their pregnancy and been fine.

dont worry to much,

good luck
xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27