First pregnancy help please :)

Discussion in 'First Trimester' started by Mcbride, Dec 14, 2016.

1. Mcbride

Mcbride New Member

Good evening ladies, I could use some help. After almost 2 years of ttc the clomid tablets I was taking finally worked. On Monday I took a pregnancy test as I usually did just incase and delightfully came back positive. I've done 4 more tests since all positive and one clear blue digital saying I'm 2-3 weeks. Now this is my first pregnancy and I'm so scared something will go wrong. I've been feeling kind of crampy like my period was due to start but it hasn't and I've notice when I cough I get a sharp but short pain near my pelvic bone on the right side It only happens once or twice a day at most. It only lasts seconds and isn't a really bad pain. Is this normal? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

#1 Mcbride, Dec 14, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2016
  2. Onedaysoon25

Onedaysoon25 Well-Known Member

All very normal. The sharp pain after coughing and sneezing can be scary but it's very common and have had in my pregnancies, along with the cramping. Congratulations and a happy healthy 9 months to you X

3. BunnyN

BunnyN Well-Known Member

Mild period like cramps are totally normal. I have had them in the beginning all my pregnancies and it seems to be really common. The pains could be for a number of reasons. Probably just things stretching and loosening already or from your ovary where the egg released. I wouldn't worry unless it gets severe or constant or you have other symptoms that are worrying you.

#3 BunnyN, Dec 14, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2016
  4. M1chelle

M1chelle Well-Known Member

Yes I had a lot of cramping at the start and the doctor dismissed it as anything to worry about as soon add I said it was like period cramping.

5. Ab202

Ab202 Well-Known Member

I'm 11 weeks pregnant and this is my first pregnancy. I had cramps up until around 6 and a half weeks, went doctors a few times because I was worrying but luckily it was all normal for me! I had no bleeding and the pain wasn't severe so they weren't worried.

Congrats by the way!

6. JamsMom

JamsMom Well-Known Member

My first symptoms were awful period pains! I was sure it had started worst at night. Also, if I cough or sneeze I often get an awful sharp pain too it's just everything stretching.

Congratulations and wishing you a healthy 10 months xx

7. Pambi

Pambi Well-Known Member

Yes, that's what it felt like for me with this pregnancy. Lots of twinges and cramps and the went on until well into weeks 11/12.