First pregnancy! Feeling so many emotions

Soph277

Reaction score
Hi! So I came off the pill last oct and have just found I'm pregnant, clear blue test says 2-3 weeks ..! I have a doctors appt tomorrow, now will that be with blood tests? Or will he refer to prenatal for that?

I haven't told my parents. I really want to but I'm a bit worried to tell them and also worried incase I loose the baby..! So far I feel fine!! :) excited and petrified at the same time haha I think I'm really gonna need some buddies through this.. Anyone local to Romford??

Thanks for reading!! :)

Nope not near Romford .... But welcome! :)

They don't normally do a test, if you have done a clear blue they would consider that confirmation you are pregnant.

This is what really worries me, I have 12 week scan tomorrow and apart from my pregnancy tests (which ok I did about 12 of) I've had no confirmation I'm even pregnant.

I told my parents after about a week of testing, it was a killer keeping it a secret from them, but no one other than my mom and dad and sister know xxx

Your home tests are saying negative? Have you used clear blue?

I so want to tell my mum but she didn't know we was trying so I'm a bit apprehensive!

Sorry no, all my tests were bfp's and carried on doing digi's until it registered 3+, but you feel like you need confirmation off the doctor to believe it.

I don't think it will seem real until the scan tomorrow xx

Ohh and,y parents didn't know we were Ttc either (despite being married for 10yrs, it's only over the last year we decided its something we definitely wanted) ..... So my mom was very shocked when I told her! But she's super excited xx

Congrats on your bfp and first baby. Its normal to feel all these emotions I did with my son and I am worried about losing my baby this time round too. Your doctor won't do blood tests I don't think infact I'd be very surprised if they did a pregnancy test as my GP doesn't and a few people I know there gp doesn't either. You will be referred for a midwife but that might not be for a couple of weeks your midwife appointment. I'm 11+1 and haven't seen my midwife yet I see her on Wednesday it's ridiculous xx

Hi soph, I echo what bbaby said. I went to docs on wed- they didn't test me just said yep you've done the tests so your pregnant! I'm so happy about it but feel I need confirmation from a medical professional!

I got given all the midwife and pregnancy service info and filled out a form at the front desk. They said to ring up the midwife as well so I could get appointments sorted rather than waiting which is what i did. I have first midwife appointment at home on 4th July and yesterday got my letter through for my dating scan at the hospital which is 29th July!! Eep!

Congrats on your bfp :)

Last edited:
Yes if you have a positive home pregnancy test they don't do a pregnancy test , which I think they should ,you wil have bloods done later on x

As soon as I phoned the doctors to let them know they told me I should go in as soon as to do a test for them to send to the labs even though I'd done a clear blue. Then I had to wait a few days for the results before they would make me an appt with the midwife.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back