First Pregnancy and a BFP!

Shelby Smith

Reaction score
Hello! :)
My husband and I were not not TTC starting in the month of April. We are in a great spot in life to begin a family, so we decided to see how long it took us to conceive. Turned out to be on the first try!

Yesterday I was about 10 DPO (predicted ovulation day given my regular 28 day cycle and ovulation symptoms) and I took a pregnancy test around 2:30 PM. I was expecting my period to come on 8 May, so I took the test 6 days before my missed period. I was fully expecting it to come back negative. Oh boy was I wrong! I had a very clear positive! It was far from a faint line, but also it wasn't the same darkness as the control line. I couldn't believe my eyes, so I decided to take a digital test. It said YES+!!! I AM SO HAPPY!!!

This morning I took a test around 7:30 AM and got an equally-as-dark a test line as the one I took yesterday. I waited until about 12:45 PM to test again--this time the preg test was of a different brand--and I got a super dark test line! Another BFP! I know, I know...I took four tests! I didn't expect them to have drastically different results, but you know! I just couldn't help myself :)

I told my husband today and he was over the moon excited. We are so incredibly blessed and happy.

A question I have for the members in this community is: since I took the pregnancy test 6 days before my missed period (5 days before I expect my period to start) and the result was a very clear BFP, do you think it means I ovulated earlier than I thought and implantation occurred pretty early, or is this a sign of potentially having twins?

Thank you for reading if you've made it this far! :)

Congratulations on your BFP! Sorry I don’t have a clue if it means you ovulated early or if it’s twins! But wishing you a happy and healthy 9 months xxx

Congratulations! Wonderful news to hear you got your BFP on your first cycle. I hope you have a happy and healthy pregnancy <3
I wouldn't worry too much about line colours right now, everyone is different. Some women get faint lines even when they've missed a period and some women get super dark lines before their period is due it just depends on yours hormone levels.

Congratulations! Wonderful news to hear you got your BFP on your first cycle. I hope you have a happy and healthy pregnancy <3
I wouldn't worry too much about line colours right now, everyone is different. Some women get faint lines even when they've missed a period and some women get super dark lines before their period is due it just depends on yours hormone levels.
Thank you so much for the kind words! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back