First post - newbie alert! Need some advice

Fayebee

Reaction score
Hi all :wave:

This is my first post here, so thanks for taking the time to read this!

Have done a little Internet research, but sometimes its reassuring to have someone talk to you, rather than reading a response meant for someone else, you know what I mean?! :eh:

Have been TTC since March, came off the pill and waited for cycle to 'return to normal' - which it did, at a 38 day cycle. Always had a longer cycle before I was on the pill (for about 6/7 years - I am 28yrs old).

So anyways, here we are at roughly 16 days late, with two neg hpts. No symptoms whatsoever, but have always been lucky with period pain/cramps etc.

Went to docs today - tried to explain to doc that if we're not preggo at the moment, no biggie, but would like to know what's going on? Have always been regular, so this is unusual for me. Am going to test again in two weeks, but I don't want to become obsessed with this as I know I'll just make it worse, so can anyone offer any comfort? Is anyone else having/had the same issue? Do you know anyone that tested false negatives and how long for before they got a BFP?

Thanks y'all x

Hi Faye,

Welcome to the boards the girls are great and will offer you great support.
I am 29 and have been ttc since May 2012, on our 15th month. I was on the pill for 9-10 years and it took my body 10months to settle into some sort of routine and cycle and to start to ovulate. It still sounds early days hun so the hormone could still be working its way out of your system. Did your doc give you any advice?

Lynne
xxx

Probably just your body still regulating after stopping the pill.

Thanks both for your replies.

Doc just said if I was, it could be as I have a long cycle there's not enough hcg in my system and to keep testing. If not, they wouldn't investigate it until at least six months. Advice was to go back in four weeks time.

Would just like to know what's happening! Haha x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back