First post advice needed :( TMI

Katieleigh

Reaction score
I tested positive last Wednesday so exactly a week ago, going from last period I was approx 5 weeks. I bled for a couple hours yesterday it was very watery not thick no clots at all. Stopped bleeding a few hours later not wearing pad or nothing but when I wipe there is dark brown? Again no thickness to it or any bits
So worried I live in a tiny village and our Drs arnt open on Wednesdays.. Tried to ring hospital Mw unit and just kept ringing out...
Is there any way of reassuring ourselves? My partner is so upset I have 3 already but this would of been his first :( I
I think it's not knowing that's making it worse. So much conflicting info on google.

Any advice or personal experience experiences would be amazing thank you x

Hiya: sorry you’re having such a worrying time. Light bleeding which isn’t accompanied by severe cramping/period pain is usually nothing to worry about. Dark brown means old blood, which is also reassuring. I know it’s an agonisingly worrying time - especially when you feel like you can’t do anything about it. you could speak with EPAU and see what they can do for you, you might need to speak with GP tomorrow to see if they will refer you.
Good luck x

Hiya: sorry you’re having such a worrying time. Light bleeding which isn’t accompanied by severe cramping/period pain is usually nothing to worry about. Dark brown means old blood, which is also reassuring. I know it’s an agonisingly worrying time - especially when you feel like you can’t do anything about it. you could speak with EPAU and see what they can do for you, you might need to speak with GP tomorrow to see if they will refer you.
Good luck x
Thankyou, the first lot of blood was bright red :( it's just when I wipe now bleeding has stopped I'm getting the Browny colour :(

if I take a pregnancy test I'm guessing it would still say pregnant even if it was a miscarriage?

I'm going to ring Dr tomoz but a friend has said they will tell me they can't do anything as I'm so early and tell me to "wait it out"
just panicking I think. Anxiety sucks
X

Thankyou, the first lot of blood was bright red :( it's just when I wipe now bleeding has stopped I'm getting the Browny colour :(

if I take a pregnancy test I'm guessing it would still say pregnant even if it was a miscarriage?

I'm going to ring Dr tomoz but a friend has said they will tell me they can't do anything as I'm so early and tell me to "wait it out"
X

they may well tell you that; or because you’d be over 6 weeks by tomorrow they could offer you a scan. It worth phoning to find out anyway. Lots of women have bleeding in early pregnancy and all is ok, not trying to get your hopes up though. I think something like this would make all of us feel anxious, sending hugs xx

Hello, sorry you're going through this.
I bled with my first baby twice and mine was bright red, it was quite an amount too.
I was referred to epu and had a scan both times, everything was okay. They seen dark patches where the bleeds came from but they kept a closer eye on me after this. As long as theres no pain or clots fingers crossed everything is okay with you. Try not to stress out and hopefully you get seen asap xx
X

I had a bleed when pregnant with my first two years ago, I was about 6-7 weeks and it was red blood to start and enough to leak through a pantiliner, it subsided quite quickly and then just had a small amount of brown for a day or two after. I called 111 at the time and got an early scan the next day, and I was able to see the flicker of a heartbeat and all was ok. I would say if the bleeding stops and you don’t get any cramps then that’s good news, but definitely try to get yourself seen by a doctor to confirm. I’ve got everything crossed for you, I remember how nerve wracking it was waiting to find out if everything was ok

I had a bleed when pregnant with my first two years ago, I was about 6-7 weeks and it was red blood to start and enough to leak through a pantiliner, it subsided quite quickly and then just had a small amount of brown for a day or two after. I called 111 at the time and got an early scan the next day, and I was able to see the flicker of a heartbeat and all was ok. I would say if the bleeding stops and you don’t get any cramps then that’s good news, but definitely try to get yourself seen by a doctor to confirm. I’ve got everything crossed for you, I remember how nerve wracking it was waiting to find out if everything was ok
That sound just like what happened to me the think I just wanted some kind of reassurance to calm me down we have not told anyone as don't want to jinx anything so havnt got anyone to talk to

Thank you all x I will keep updated x
Also might try 111 tomorrow also x

When I had my miscarriage in December I knew in my heart it was a miscarriage. It was just too much and lasted too long not to be one.

Yours doesn’t sound like that. I know it’s a worry, I hope they offer you a scan soon for peace of mind xxx

Hiya so i started bleeding again but not alot! But was bright red not brown.
Too much for spotting but not enough for a heavy period and not consistent. Drs got intouch with early pregnancy people at hospital who said because im not in any pain and because of corona virus they cannot offer me a scan.
I called 111 because our drs arnt the best and they confirmed no scan available but to keep taking tests and they are going to ring me next Saturday to see whats happening with my body then. Im very tempted to pay for a private scan the lady said not to just to keep myself busy for a week
:(
The lady said id know if i had passed a pregnancy but i dont feel like i have so im holding onto that tiny bit of hope :(

Xxx

Hiya so i started bleeding again but not alot! But was bright red not brown.
Too much for spotting but not enough for a heavy period and not consistent. Drs got intouch with early pregnancy people at hospital who said because im not in any pain and because of corona virus they cannot offer me a scan.
I called 111 because our drs arnt the best and they confirmed no scan available but to keep taking tests and they are going to ring me next Saturday to see whats happening with my body then. Im very tempted to pay for a private scan the lady said not to just to keep myself busy for a week
:(
The lady said id know if i had passed a pregnancy but i dont feel like i have so im holding onto that tiny bit of hope :(

Xxx

after my miscarriage my tests remained positive because I didn’t pass all tissue. The kept taking bloods every two days for weeks, the hormone was rising but not enough for it to be a viable pregnancy. I personally wouldn’t rely on tests to solve what’s going on. My tests never went negative until two weeks after the d&c procedure that I had to have to remove the remaining tissue as my body didn’t pass it naturally, that was a month after the initial bleed.

I think it’s shocking that they won’t scan you to be honest because it’s the only real way to know.
You could ask for bloods to be taken and then again in two days to see what your hormones are doing, would your doctor do that??
If they don’t then I’d book an early scan if you can. Xxx

Update as i cant sleep with stress :( not offered any bloods. Walked into gp and asked for help to be told to be a big girl and wait it out...
Paid for private scan friday, he said couldnt see a sac but it was way too early anyway... so booked me in again for free in 2 weeks...
Still loosing watery bright red blood been 2 weeks now i think?
Tests are still a strong positive as soon as i do them <\3

Starting to think maybe ectopic? Or im googling too much:( i suffer with anxiety pretty bad and its just driving my head crazy

Xxx

***update***

So as im sat in hospital and gotta wait 2 hours for blood results thought id update you xx

Had internal scan today couldnt see anything in the uterus.. can see a large mass 3.5cm by 4cm on my left ovary. After 2 women and a man all come have a look and a prod they are still confused as to what it is.

Had my bloods taken and told to wait 2 hours no food or drink incase they want to operate when they recieve the blood results :( never had an operation before feeling so alone right now as no one even knows im here

If bloods come back below 50? Ill be allowed home and have to come back in 48 hours.

So confused blerghhhhh

***update***

So as im sat in hospital and gotta wait 2 hours for blood results thought id update you xx

Had internal scan today couldnt see anything in the uterus.. can see a large mass 3.5cm by 4cm on my left ovary. After 2 women and a man all come have a look and a prod they are still confused as to what it is.

Had my bloods taken and told to wait 2 hours no food or drink incase they want to operate when they recieve the blood results :( never had an operation before feeling so alone right now as no one even knows im here

If bloods come back below 50? Ill be allowed home and have to come back in 48 hours.

So confused blerghhhhh

I am so sorry your going through this. do you have a partner to support you?
What happened? I really hope you’re okay xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back