First period after giving birth - argh!

kittykitchn

Reaction score
I started my first period after giving birth yesterday. It is SO heavy, heavier than I've ever had. I've leaked through clothes, bedsheets, having to wear a tampon and a pad. No clots, just a lot of blood. Is this normal? I hope this is a one off and not regularly like this!

I remember after having my little girl I bled for ages and it was SO heavy - I do however usually have heavy periods anyway though. It isn't nice at all is it xx

To be honest... TMI but... I wondered if I was leaking because the opening is now larger... I can't even feel the tampon going in lol :cry:
I hope it somewhat skrinks back...!

But yes, not pleasant. I've never had heavy periods at all xx

I remember that feeling well - since having my daughter I actually completely stopped using tampons because I just can't get them in "the right place" if you know what I mean, I hate the feeling of them up there now! I think it does all shrink back eventually but sorry to break it to you, its never quite the same sadly! lol

If you are worried do mention to health visitor she might know a little more about the bleeding flow etc, I know mine was super heavy though. I had the coil put in afterwards but I cannot for the life of me remember when I had it in, then things went back to normal so to speak.

How are you guys getting on?! xxx

Hi mine was super heavy after having my lg, and tbh they are still heavier than before I was pregnant. I'm on the largest tampons and sometimes still have to change it every few hours on my heaviest day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back