First movements

Geekachublog

Reaction score
Earlier in the week, I started to have what felt like muscle twinges in my stomach, everyone I spoke to said it was baby starting first movements, they were getting stronger midweek, but I've felt nothing for a couple of days now.

Is this normal? To feel the first few flutters then not feel anything after for a while? :)

Hello! I think that prob was your baby cause I thought I was getting twinges too for a start but now I'm pretty sure it's kicks! :) I see from this forum that its not unusual for baby to go quiet during a growth spurt so this could be what's going on, :) no harm in calling your midwife though to put your mind at rest, :) xx

Totally normal chick! I pretty much posted the same thread when I was starting to feel movement. Hed be there fluttering one day and gone the next few. Now, a few weeks on, I feel him with my hand every night when I go to bed :)

I would say yes this is the case as I've been feeling muscle twitches this week but not regular. Even got the Doppler out one day as was worried. I think as we have anterior placenta we will just feel the strong ones but as baby grows and gets bigger we will feel it more and more.

It sounds like this is definitely the start of it. Don't worry about not noticing anything for a bit. I find that when I'm at work and busy I don't always notice. When Zi can put just feet up and have a lay down is normally when things start going nuts. We were all watching a film and I was having a cuddle with my youngest son and bubs booted him in the back. He was well chuffed! I'm sure you'll be getting the same before you know it! xxx

Last edited:
Thanks ladies :)

My Doppler arrived today, had a little listen so mind is at rest now. Doppler back in box under the bed :)

I have these flutters a few times throughout the day.

starting to predict a pattern, & they are getting stronger each day too :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back