first milk when out?

prettypenguin

Reaction score
My lo is on aptimil comfort, and has been since around 3 weeks old. He seems ok now and doesnt get tunmy aches etc anymore,but if i'm out for the day I have to take aptimil first cartons out as they dont seem to do comfort cartons, is this ok to do do you think? He doesnt seem to have tummy ache or anything afterwrds but his poo is always a yellowy colour, lighter than usual but not necessarily runny. I dont do this very often, I usually wait til I've just fed him then gone out and rushed everything I waas doing...or I was thinking could I boil some water keep it in the bottle and add the powder when needed? I know its not getting rid of th baacteria if its cooled down, and I'm not sure it would mix properly, does anyone have any advice as to what is best to do?

Wish I bloody breastfed now ha!

Thank you :) x

If he doesn't have tummy ache or seem to be in any discomfort and you only use the cartons every now and again I don't see any harm. Phoebe's on aptamil comfort too, I havn't tried her on the cartons but yeah it's annoying the only do the first milk & hungry baby milk in cartons and not the comfort.
When I go out though I heat up a bottle and put it in a thermos bag, I do the same with her night time feeds too, it's much quicker :) x

Not sure about the aptimal comfort as I've never used it but I use the normal aptimal and always take cooled boiled water out with me ready in a bottle then add the powder just before she needs her feed. I've been doing this for 3 months and never had any problems (touch wood!). If I know I'm going somewhere where I won't have access to boiling water I take a tommy tippee flask out with me which has a container with it to heat up the milk but generally my little miss doesn't mind her formula at room temperature. You can get little containers to store the measured out formula in like this one...
http://www.boots.com/en/Avent-Milk-Powder-Dispenser_16814/
I have heard asda do their own make for only £2 which is a bargain! Meanwhile here's a link to the bottle warmer...
http://www.tommeetippee.co.uk/freedom-to-express/product-bottle-warmer.php
x x

Oooh i might invest in one of those! I dont reallygo out long enough for it to usually happen but itd be nice to have the option, i mean i do now with first cartons but i always feel guilty...maybe theyll bring comfort ones out one day :) x

That's silly isn't it that they don't do comfort ones! Probably not worth you getting the flask then but the little powder container is very handy, I actually use mine at home too for night feeds so I don't have to measure out the scoops when I'm half asleep lol! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back