First midwife appointment

Discussion in 'First Trimester' started by Rubyredslipper, Feb 23, 2016.

1. Rubyredslipper

Rubyredslipper Well-Known Member

Anything I should take/info I should know before I go tomorrow?
    My mom said I must tell them I was a big baby (10.11 :shock: which has been funny until now!!) and that she had diabetes when pregnant with me.

2. D3bbie

D3bbie Well-Known Member

I made a list of any health issues in the family. I listed everything as I didn't know what they needed.

3. Wilson28

Wilson28 Well-Known Member

She will ask you what she needs to know, just make a list of questions of what you want to know xx

4. Cherrybelly

Cherrybelly Well-Known Member

It's mainly about your and your partner's medical history, from what I remember. It's ok if you're not sure as well. My oh doesn't know his dad so we couldn't answer stuff about his family history very well xxx

5. Rubyredslipper

Didn't happen because no ones been in touch and I have no notes! Apparently midwife was supposed to contact me and see me at home to do them but no ones told me anything. I want to cry :cry:

6. Gem212

Gem212 Well-Known Member

Big Hugs!! Have they re-booked you in now?

I didn't have my booking in until i was almost 9 weeks and only got my scan date through last week xxx

7. Rubyredslipper

She's coming to me on Friday afternoon. My scan is next thurs!
    I've not got a clue what's going on as its my first but I feel like I've done something wrong. Hope this isn't what it's going to be like all the way through!!

8. Wilson28

Wilson28 Well-Known Member

Some do home visits, some dont, dont worry xx

9. Gem212

Gem212 Well-Known Member

You haven't, from experience of having 3 children already midwives are extremely over worked and over stretched, i could never get hold of mine on the phone id always have to leave messages and wait for a call back and i had to chase up my scan date as i hadn't heard anything. Don't think its you its just the good old NHS being over stretched!! :)

10. DeeAtk

DeeAtk Well-Known Member

Don't worry! I am 11 weeks pregnant and had to phone up the midwife to find out when they would be in contact. They then informed me that the doctor hadn't even referred me!! Luckily I phoned up and asked otherwise I'd still be waiting. I have my midwife appointment on Friday and scan on the 7th of March - although they had to fit me in as they said they couldn't see me until the 27th of March! Good old NHS and their communication.

11. Rubyredslipper

Thanks everyone. Feeling a bit better now, think I had just built up the excitement of my first 'official' appointment only for it to be a non starter!