First midwife appointment!

dollface79

Reaction score
Not much of a milestone but exciting anyway for me lol Had my first appointment this morning with what seems like a very nice lady. She took me through a whole load of forms and gave me some to fill in for the next appointment in 2 weeks time.

I decided against the down syndrome testing as it would not sway my decision either way... but no one told me she would want my blood....

I'm covered in tattoo's... but taking my blood? No no no!!! :oooo:

Hi,

At least you have had your first appointment! Glad all went well :)

Not much of a milestone but exciting anyway for me lol Had my first appointment this morning with what seems like a very nice lady. She took me through a whole load of forms and gave me some to fill in for the next appointment in 2 weeks time.

I decided against the down syndrome testing as it would not sway my decision either way... but no one told me she would want my blood....

I'm covered in tattoo's... but taking my blood? No no no!!! :oooo:

Hello!!

Glad you MW appointment went well, I still need to get my bloods done because the MW couldn't get much out of me!!

Did she go through what the Downs syndrome test would entail? I had to book my own scan and the MW told me to put down to have the Downs sydrome scan, it wouldn't sway our decision either so now I am worrying!!

xx

Yes she told me everything it would entail getting checked for downs syndrome, from the scan to the needle taking fluid from baby...:shock:

Still i wouldn't care if he/she has it, it's my little nugget and that's that! x

Oh no....it's the needle test.... think I am going to have to phone up and make it clear that I don't want it.... I feel the same regardless this baby is ours no matter what....

Wish the MW has explained it to me further and I had thought to ask more about it.

xx

ladies, they onyl offer the needle test (amnio) if your bloods come back as a high risk which will be sent to you in a letter 2 weeks after the bloods taken x

I had my booking in appointment today- she weighed me, checked my height and took my blood pressure, asked some questions and that was it really. I was in and out in bout 25 mins! In the letter I had it said the appointment would be 1 to 1 1/2 hours, so not quite sure what happened there! I didn't know exactly what to expect really but I left feeling a bit deflated to be honest- felt like it was rushed through and I had to tell her literally 5 times when my scan was as she kept forgetting!

XX

ladies, they onyl offer the needle test (amnio) if your bloods come back as a high risk which will be sent to you in a letter 2 weeks after the bloods taken x

Thank you for clarifying, so its just measurements taken at the 12 week scan? Xx

Glad your mw appointment went well dollface :) think they just measure the fluid on baby's neck at 12 week scan, that is the first step. I know you said it wouldn't matter either way but surely its best to know so you can be prepared? Just an idea :) x x

I had my booking in appointment today- she weighed me, checked my height and took my blood pressure, asked some questions and that was it really. I was in and out in bout 25 mins! In the letter I had it said the appointment would be 1 to 1 1/2 hours, so not quite sure what happened there! I didn't know exactly what to expect really but I left feeling a bit deflated to be honest- felt like it was rushed through and I had to tell her literally 5 times when my scan was as she kept forgetting!

XX

Sorry your appointment was disappointing hun :hugs: unfortunately it does depend on the individual mw. I had a one book me in last time that I wasn't that keen on and then a different one after that, who wasn't too bad. They're just not how you expect them to be, some of them anyway. Just look forward to your scan hun, it'll be amazing! :D x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back