First midwife appointment. Argh

Aw Hun that's so horrible. We had ours today at 4 weeks and she was lovely, said congratulations and listened as I told her our story. She was fab. I won't be there again for 12 weeks, which seems a long time, but she explained we would be contacted in meantime by hospital for screening and scans. If I were you I would conplain when you ring up to change midwife x

Thanks Potternutter. I'm not going to complain as I can't deal with the hassle. I feel drained as it is at the minute. I am hoping she will be better at the next appoinment. I think because she was running late she just wanted us out. I am really grateful for everyone's positive comments as I was honestly thinking that I was over reacting. Thanks again everyone xxxxx

Midwives are allocated to a GP surgery so you are stuck with her! The good news is you can choose whichever surgery/GP you want to look after you in pregnancy (and stay registered at that surgery for everything else). A little known fact is that the GP get you to sign a form when you find out your pregnant that says you are happy for them to look after you whilst pregnant. This in turn gives them a wod of cash of the government to look after you. It is around £800 per pregnancy.

Thanks Glowing

I am hoping that she was just having a bad day and will be better with us the next time she sees us. The worst of it is I have only just registered with that GP surgery as I was registered with the dr's where I used to live before. Thanks for the advice everyone xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back