First midwife appointment. Argh

mrssmith2011

Reaction score
Hello everyone sorry for my rant but she has really annoyed me today. I was told by my GP to make an appointment with the midwife (I'm 7 weeks pregnant) to basically have a chat and find out what happens etc as this is our first little one. Went to the appointment today to be greeting with a surly faced midwife who was running over an hour late to be told '' why have you booked an appointment with me already. You are just wasting my time.'' She had put another week on my due date. Dr said 18th Jan she is now saying 26th Jan. She doesn't want to see me until 22nd June which will make me 9 and a half week pregnant. Didn't ask anything about us or anything basically just wanted us out of her office. I just feel that because she was running late she felt that we were an inconvience. Absolutely fuming about something that should have been a nice experience. Thank you for reading and sorry for the rant. x

Aww what a horrible first time experience for u sorry to hear it was so unpleasant hope the next one is nicer x

Thanks nbrintz. She had us in for less than 10 minutes and ushered out of the door. She is apparently going to speak to the dr as she doesn't need her time wasting by people like us. I can see me changing midwife's very quickly x

Awwww no that's horrible. Sorry to hear about this, can you change to another one??

Thanks Purple_pianos My next appointment is with her but I am going to see if I can change midwife as myself and my husband were really upset at how she treat us. I wouldn't mind if she had just said we were booked in a little early but it was which way she spoke to us. She has told me I am not as far on as I think even though the dr and nhs website agree with my dates. She made me feel like a stupid 14 year old how had bee caught out not a 31 year old married woman who had been planning this little one for the last couple of years. Thank you for the support everyone x

Aw how frustrating. I tried to book an appointment with mine today and can't get one til i am 10weeks... so frustrated!!! Don't want to have to wait that long! .
Xx

naomi88 honest;y I could have swung for her. She didn't understand why I was annoyed either. It might be matter of fact to her but to us it is a big thing. I have only just changed to that GP surgery and I am that annoyed I am tempted to go back to my old one. x

This is horrible I would definitely ask to change midwife. When it's your first time you would think they would take time to go over what you need to do and be more understanding.

It makes me mad hope your next experience is better.

Xx

Thank you purplepixi

She really upset me. I know. I explained this is our first child so we are sorry but only followed what we were told. My next appointment is with her so I hope she was just having a bad day today. If not I will definately be changing. We were really looking forward to the appointment and left feeling like naughty little children x

Think i would have been tempted to swing for her too! Just completely out of order- id love to be a midwife but can't afford the time not earning to get the qualification,so makes me mad that there are people who have the job but zero people skills and zero decency.
Hope mine is nice! Xx

That sounds rubbish. Hope you feel better soon hunnie x

Sorry she ruined what should have been special. They are not all like that so maybe ask if they have more than one at your surgery. I don't have my first appointment until the 5th but I have spoken on the phone a few times with her and she sorted a few things out for me couldn't be more lovely. Hope your next time is better x

I feel your pain! I gave my details for the midwife when I was told I was 8 weeks pregnant and have been waiting round now for 4 weeks and still have no word off my midwife. It's unbelievably frustrating. Especially when you have nowhere to direct your concerns which I've found are seemingly quite often during first trimester particularly for first time mothers.

Thank you everyone for being so lovely and understanding. I honestly expected people to tell me not to be so stupid. I hope everyone gets sorted soon. She just didn't seem to care which didn't go down too well with my husband as he is a paramedic. Hopefully when I see them next I either get someone else or she is in a nicer mood. I think it is wrong that you have no one to contact in your early pregnancy. The support should be there from day one. I hope everyone gets sorted soon and thank you again xxxxx

What a b^\ch.. How dare she be so rude!
I would be telling your doc of how u were treated.
It was his/her fault u got into this position.
Hope ur next app is better :) xx

Thanks Babyk apparently she was going to have a go at him when she saw him for giving her unneccesary work. Hopefully the next appointment will be better. Thank you for your support. That goes for everyone who has read my post and those who have replied. Thank you :) xxxxx

God, she sounds like a right madam! Definitely change to another one if you can't. And if you do see her again and she's the same then I'd put in a complaint about her. Good luck! x

OMG! Just read all this - that's absolutely appalling behaviour from a health "professional" (she's obviously not one). Even if the doc got it wrong and shouldn't have got you to book an appointment that early, that is for the midwife to take up with the doc. It has nothing to do with you! How about the fact that your time was wasted?! Also, you'd think she'd look through her list beforehand - she could have just phoned you to explain it was too early. Also, it's not your fault she's running late. She obviously has time-management issues too! Stuff like this makes me so mad!!! I'm a health professional (different profession) but this kind of attitude from anyone in healthcare lets us all down.

Additionally, as you were actually there 7 weeks isn't that early, so you'd think she could do the bloody booking appointment anyway!!!! If it was me, I'd be making a formal complaint.

I really hope you can see another midwife. There are usually more than one of them. xx

Hi mrssmith2011 :)

That midwife sounds awful! :( Its not your fault that you were referred early and she should NOT have taken it out on you no matter how bad a day she was having! I went for my first appointment at 8 weeks and my midwife never though anything of it! Hope you find a nice midwife who can help you enjoy your pregnancy as every women deserves! x

Thanks guys. The worst of it is my husband is a paramedic so he was going mad at her attitude. She what she is like at my next appointment. Thanks for the support everyone xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back