first meeting with MW tomorrow!

skimpy

Reaction score
Hi girls. Got first meeting with MW tomorrow and im sooo excited :cheer:

The people who know so far (not many) have been so happy for us, but somehow the whole thing still doesnt seem real :think:

Hopefully tomorrow i will feel better. seeing her at 2pm ;)

Can anyone offer advice on what to expect, and what i should be asking?

Thanks girls x

Last edited:
Hi Skimpy

Sorry i cannot help you with your query but i was wondering if you could help me with a little question. I know this might sound like a daft question but how did you go about setting up your MW appointment, becuase the doctor at my scan today said i should book an appointment with my mdwife and i was too embarrassed to ask how? I don't even know who my MW is or where she is based. :oops:

LMP x

Hi there Little Miss Pink

My doctors surgery had a midwife in there one day a week, so ask your docs surgery, they will be able to tell you one way or another..
XX

skimpy said:
Hi girls. Got first meeting with MW tomorrow and im sooo excited :cheer:

The people who know so far (not many) have been so happy for us, but somehow the whole thing still doesnt seem real :think:

Hopefully tomorrow i will feel better. seeing her at 2pm ;)

Can anyone offer advice on what to expect, and what i should be asking?

Thanks girls x

Hi There Skimpy

At my first MW appointment, she asked about any disabilities, twins abnormalities in family etc. If your planning on breastfeeding, loads of information to read, she will ask for a urine sample and take a blood test, tell you what tests they can offer you and your baby. Ask how you feel about labour and if your happy to move about, it's rather uneventful to be honest......Albeit exciting.

XXX

Hope it goes well, i never met my MW so not sure what happens!

LMP - Yes ring your doctors they normally have MW in once a week and see if you can get an appoinment there???

Hi
I cant remember a thing about any of my appointments from first time round :oops:
Let me know how you get on! Iv got my first appointment next week, getting very excitied!

Really just a lot of paperwork at this stage - it gets much more exciting around 16 weeks when they start to listen to baby's heartbeat etc.

hi skimpy....

good luck tomorrow with MW... its my first appointment too!
and OMG, cant beleive youve got in so early you lucky thing!

i feel like ive been waiting for mine forever!!!! hope it goes ok for you!

It is early that, in my area midwife wont see you until you are 8 weeks, my mw wasnt in the surgery the week i was 8 weeks. So i saw her 9+1. Spose it's an extra week closer to scan, got scan booked for a week today, 13+6 LOL

Hi Skimpy,

Hope it goes well. Mostly the first visit is filling in forms. I've had to collect mine in advance and try to fill some of them in - there are so many of them now!!!

They do see you a fair bit earlier than they do here - the first appointment you get here is 8 weeks! Mine is a week today.

All the best :)

At my first appt it was all form filling, weight and height but no urine sample or bloods. It took around an hour and did make me feel like I was pregnant :D

Hi,

I can't remember - do they try and detect the heartbeat at 8 weeks?

hey skimpy, how did appointment go???

mine went ok!
filled in loads of forms, got weighed, and should of had blood test taken but my doctor hadnt given me the forms about it when i first went to the docs to get it confirmed, so ive to go back next week and have them taken!! ECKKkk! hate needles....
suppose i better get used to them! ill be having lots by the sounds of things!
oh and i go tmy bounty pack......... yipeee....

and to top it off SCANS BOOKED!!!! 6th december... 2 week tomoz!

excited, but OH SO SCARED!!!!! after my prev m/c... ive kinda got a phobia forming of scan rooms!!!! fingers crossed everything will be ok!

All the best with your scan Zobo!

EERRCKK, they don't do bloods at the first app do they??? I hate blood tests and used to nearly pass out (although I am a little better now after two successful pregnancies).

I remember when I had my 2nd the first mw visit was a home visit, and yes, come to think of it, she did take three lots of blood as I remember sitting there on the sofa with Daisy on my lap!!! Oh no!!

Hi Daisy rose

They didnt try and detect the heartbeat, i dont think they can hear it that early can they?

X

hi skimpy.... glad your appointment went ok too!

a bounty pack, is just a pack full of leaflets, coupons, had a pregnancy diary, and stuff.... bit poop really, just a load of adverts really! but like the diary! can keep a record of every week i go through!

yeh ive to think about downs testing too, but i dont think were gunna have it.... personal choice to isnt it!

DAISYROSE... thanx for the well wishes....
i asked her how many lots of blood she'd be taking next week, she said only one.... so thankfully not 3!! PHEWWWWwwwwwwww!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back