First family friendly recipes

leesey

Reaction score
Alyssa's not started weaning yet, but I'm getting in my practice now as I'm expecting to start around 17 weeks (this isn't a pros/cons of weaning early/late thread, just a nice recipe thread so let's try keep the focus on that :) ). So tonight I made my very first baby friendly recipe and I'm excited!!

I'm using the slow cooker as much as possible for my recipes, and all my foods will be for freezing (hence why I'm starting a month in advance, all meals can be frozen for a month). Although Santa might be nice and bring me a steamer which I can use then :) So here is my first home made baby food!

My first every baby-friendly recipe tried and tested! Food for baby, soup for mum!

Sweet Potato and Parsnip Puree:
1 large sweet potato, washed peeled and cut into bits
1 medium parsnip, washed peeled and cut into bits
250ml baby vegetable stock
Slow cook for 2 1/2 hours on high
Blend in blender and dish into little freezer pots for storage.
Leave remaining puree in blender.
Mummy's ingredients:
Add 100-150mls milk (or single cream if you want it thicker)
Add 1/2 a teaspoon of mild chilli powder
Use flat blades in blender for nice smooth soup.
Serve with coriander.

Yum!!

Add your slow cooker/steam recipes here and we can have a wee collection for those who are pureeing instead of/ alongside baby led weaning :)

Oohhh... Thanks :) I'm going to need some recipes! I will be copying you loads! Update with your next one when you do it please :) xxxx

I've never used a slow cooker - why slow cook the veg? just out of interest x

I love my slow cooker. We use it for veg just cause its so easy. We just bung everything in. It's great. Will have lots of slow cooked meals for my LO xxx

I've never used a slow cooker - why slow cook the veg? just out of interest x

Cos I had a slow cooker that I'd never used :p

Hee hee, it's just cos apparently it's a busy mum's dream. Toss it all in together and leave it for hours while you attend to LO. Saves you going back and checking a pot or an oven all the time, it really can't be over-done xx

Here's the next one, potato broccolli and parmesan soup :)

Potato and Broccolli puree:
1kg small potatoes, washed and peeled
2 handfuls of broccolli florets
500ml baby vegetable stock
Slow cook for 3 hours on high using half the stock
Blend in blender and dish into little freezer pots for storage.
Leave remaining puree in blender.
Mummy's ingredients:
Add the rest of the stock
Add a generous handful of parmesan
Add 1/2 a teaspoon of oregano
Add a knob of butter to taste (if you want to be healthy miss this out!)
It's delicious with cream, serve with parmesan shavings.

Last edited:
Bump!

I didn't realise I'd stopped at two! x

Lesley where do you get baby stock cubes? Are they in the baby section? I can't find them :(

Thanks. I'll have a look when I'm in town. At least I'll know what I'm looking for :) xx

i never use stock cubes, not even for our food. i just use the water that i boil in the chicken or beef or whatever. i think thats what i will do with the baby too. we dont have baby stocks here anyway , that i suppose they are without salt?

love the family recipes ideas :) keep it going :)

Hope, they are low sodium but still.
I didnt use any stock cubes, just try to buy better cuts of meat with more flavour

Tapatalking so cant see signatures

I like the idea of the stock cubes so I can make veg soup for him too :) xx

I make vegetable soup like that :) it's more than enough flavor for me if left to slowly boil so I am pretty sure it will be just fine for the baby too ??

I might try it on its own.
Will need to cubes to make him stews and mince and stuff. Can't wait to make him real food.xxx

Ha ha, not long now for you :) Amelie will not eat "real" food until 1 year old lol

What will she have untill she is one?
I have just whipped him up some carrot mush to offer him tonight! He seems to hate the food I make him, but loves the pouches of Ella's kitchen. So he's not getting them again untill he eats my food haha!

ha ha still food but differently cooked than our food. adding fish at 9 m, beef at 7, pork at 12, egg yolk at 9, egg white at 12, tomatoes at 12, peanuts and seafood 3-4 years, gluten at 8 months.hmm i think thats all?
its the Greek weaning program.
it still amazes me hoe different the guidelines are between countries! you would think that british kids are more resilient to eat everything at 6 m or greek kids more vulnerable :roll:
i suppose people that make the guidelines they have absolutely no idea lol.

be careful to give him some savory ones as i saw the ellas pouches most of them have fruit mixed to vegetables so everything tastes sweet. (so they dont refuse vegetables that is i heard)

i tried one of those peach and bananas as amelie didnt eat it! god was yummy!!! :blush:

He's not having any more pouches untill he eats my food haha! I bought the pouches for convenience over Xmas. But today he is having some carrot purée and it's going down a treat. And I got some little pots to freeze the rest.
That's very interesting it's so different. After 6 months I'm just going to adapt our dinners for him.xxz

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back