First Docs Appt

Lou12

Reaction score
Well just got back from my first appointment with doctor... It wasn't what I was expecting. In fact I'm not quite sure what I was expecting - but certainly more than 5 minutes with her (half of which she was filling in a form)! She filled in a referral form which was going to be sent off to get me a midwife; asked if I'd had any symptoms, said yes that's normal... and that was about it.

On a side note I had my first wave of nausea today whilst walking to work which took me be surprise. I sort of stopped, muttered ooh and smiled - then put my hand to my mouth and hoped fervently that I wasn't going to throw up. Thankfully I didn't, and it didn't last more than 10 minutes :)

My first doctors appointment was pretty much like that, he just booked me in for my midwife appointment and we discussed my medication because i took sleeping meds, which i'm now off. Hopefully the midwife will be more helpful!! :)

I wish my nausea was like that i have it 24/7!! lol

Last edited:
i dont think there is much doctors can really do except refer to midwife and prescribe folic acid.
did you get a prescription?
and inform you about the free stuff you get like dental care!

i have to see my doc regularly, but i dont think thats 'normal' for pregnancy.

i think my dr spent 5 mins in shock when i told her i was preg lol she said she wasnt expecting me to say that n the only reason i was there for over half an hour was because she had to change quite a few of my medications check my bp phone the midwife and write to the ob/gyn at another hosp ( i live on an island) and ill hae to give birth on the mainland in a consultant run hosp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back