First cups help please.

Hope81

Reaction score
I got advised from the hv to start introducing a cup for her to have fun.
We have a nuby non spill an a tomme tippy non spill both with soft teats.
That looks huge for poor Amelie mouth and she Dosent seem to get the hung of how to suck out of it efficient so she can taste the tea but as the flow is not as fast as her bottle she gets frustrated.
She Dosent seem to know exactly how to do t really.
I ordered some free flow cups too and a doody cup but I am a little confused about which one should I use first.
Should I keep trying with the non spill one? Should I wait for the free flow or the doidy one?
Today I ended transfer in the tea in a bottle as she was so extremely happy to drink it that was getting hyper flapping her arms all ver and yelling at the cup like it offended her lol.

I was advised by Aaron's therapists to start off with dripping cups (I.e. not non spill) maybe try this?

Please excuse any typos from my fat fingers!
Tapatalk madness!

Two I thought so. I ordered a free flow and we will see what will happen with that one. Thanks.
Did they say what's after the free flow one?

I suppose once they have the hang of the free flow they an move on to bin spill.

They told me it was better for his facial muscles to have the free flow

Please excuse any typos from my fat fingers!
Tapatalk madness!

I am so confused lol. I thought the nOn spill is the first one because they have to suck like a bottle and then you move to some that they need to sip the water like what you do from a straw?
Bahhh so complicated lol

DS' first cup was...........a shot glass. I kid you not. But he was nearly six months and we were BLW. We used to put water in a strengthened shot glass (meant he could throw it as hard as he wanted and it wouldn't break) and put it on his high chair. The first couple of times he got soaked but he soon learnt how to drink out of it. It means that now I have no qualms about giving him a cup/glass/beaker as he can use them perfectly! If I had gone down the specifically designed drinks cup route then I probably would have chosen a free flow beaker as it's easier for them to drink out if at first-the non spill ones can be a bit trickier xx I hope you find one that works great for you both

Freya is already grasping her cup with both hands and putting it to her mouth! Its a free flow one though, so we do get into a bit of a mess cause she usually misses. Its good fun though

if only she drank her milk like she drinks her tea............

We use the tommee tippee free flow cup, he loves it. Yes he makes a mess and gets wet. But I don't think he could tip up and suck at the same time :)
And I think free flow cups are better for there teeth xxx

We have used the tt free flow from 4 months

Aaron isn't really holding on to things properly yet, so not tried the cup.

Will maybe try it in another month or so

Tweety I am holding the cup for Amelie. Though she can pick it, loaded with tea is just too heavy for her to tip it up and just too massive for her lol.
It just for her to have fun and enjoyed it and was latching like crazy to it lol.

Might let Aaron have a go ... naked before his bath!

Ha ha most definitely. I should have post a picture of Amelie shoaking wet lol .

I've got a tommee tippee tip it up cup. Think it's non spill. Haven't tried it yet, only bought it cos it said 4 months+. I'm being thick but what's baby tea? Am I missing something? X

Tommie Tippie first 4mth beakers , all the health visitors say use a free flowing one, rather than the non spill ones... My baby wouldn't take a bottle of breastmilk, and I went to take that when he was 4.5 mths , and so was away basically 2 days nearly, and so we introduced it (us holding) at 3 mths, and it was great, oh managed every milk feed with it for two days till I returned with my boobs!

He has just turned 2 at the weekend, we have other cups too, but we still use the TT ones now...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back