First Birthdays

PeanutButter

Reaction score
What did you do for your babies first birthdays? I mean dd has only just gone 8 months... but wanted to start sorting it before the next baby comes along as it'll be alot harder with a newborn... we are also house hunting and hoping to be in the moving between june-sep time.

Everyone will be wanting to visit obviously, so was thinking about just going to a pub and putting a few banners up and a cake on a sunday nearest her bday Then going to the zoo with just me, hubby, dd, and newborn, and maybe swimming (she loves it) unsure how the new baby will take to it though...
We did want to have a big party at the house, but no idea where we will be.

We did similar to what you'd like to do. Husband and I took dd out for a pub tea after a day out at the beach. The next day I met up with friends and kids at an ice cream parlour for lunch and soft play. We then had a tea party with family at home that night

How many people are you looking to include? As if it's not too many you could just plan a date and then leave it until quite near the time to decide exactly what you want to do. But yeah find a pub with a private room or slightly secluded area and decorate. That would be nice

I think what you have planned sounds lovely :)

I can't remember exactly but I think I had a tea party at the weekend for my son and then spent the day with him (booked it off work as I worked in an office at that time) on the actual day. We wouldn't have done much on the day as I didn't drive at the time and was single, but it was nice to have the day with him.

We have a big family and quite a few friends with kids (toddlers). We ended up renting a community center with a bouncy castle and had some finger food, cake and tea/coffee there. It was nice. Adults got to chat and kids had fun running around. DD was only one obviously so she didn't get a lot of what was happening but she had everyone's attention on her and she loved that.

Your idea sounds lovely. I bet she will enjoy that x

PB sounds perfect hun. Ivys birthday was in dead of winter in crazy snow so we just had a little party and cake etc at home with friends and family and the kiddies. Then same as Shep, the next day we did a soft play place. I wish I'd known about it sooner as I'd probably have hired it instead with it being winter.

With this baby Id probably do the same with family and friends but in the garden with a BBQ and kids pool etc since she'll be a summer baby. Having a little party at the pub sounds really nice and stress free xx

We are doing three things over the week. I'm having a handful of babies we go to a group with just for a play at home and some cake one afternoon. On his birthday we are having his grandparents for afternoon tea. Then we are going to the aquarium the following week, which was just going to be the three of us but I think my parents will still be here so they are coming too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back