First Baby! SO excited but so scared

MrsP123

Reaction score
Hi,
I'm due 3rd September so I'm only 5 weeks tomorrow. I'm so excited. We've only been trying since September. I cant wait. But on the flip side I'm so scared that the worst will happen. I know I'm not the only one.
How do/did people keep the excitement under control until at least the first scan?

Firstly, congratulations!

I am also expecting baby number one 8 weeks tomorrow, and also very scared that something will go horribly wrong! Me and OH have told our parents and his sister, I have told my work (I am a prison officer hence why so early in telling them!) I think it's the fear of something going wrong that has stopped me from telling anyone, and because I have so little pregnancy symptoms, I don't feel pregnant! I have my booking in app with the midwife in two weeks, I am sure I will feel different by then!

Wishing you a happy and healthy pregnancy...

Feeling like something will go wrong is normal from what I have seen the ladies saying on here!

I'm 8+3 and the same. I think we all fear the worst. I'm the same as kirstyleigh in that I don't have many symptoms except tiredness. Easier said than done but try to relax. You're body is going through some huge changes and stress won't help. We have told very close family & I have told my supervisor at work as I've had to come off full night shifts but we are wanting to keep it quiet until the scan but it's becoming increasing,y difficult due to me being tired all the time, change of shifts etc.

Somebody said to me that they would tell people closest to them because if anything was to happen then they would tell them any ways so it might help with all the sneaking around. I still feel like I want to keep this little secret just us family for a little longer though.

And congratulations!

Congratulations to you both!

I'm a strong believer in 'if its meant to be it will be' so I'll just telling myself that when i get scared.
I've changed my diet and caffeine intake. I want to do want I can.
Have either of you changed anything about you lifestyle?

Hey! Welcome to the first trimester! I am on my second pregnancy and I also have the "what will be will be" attitude as of course anything could happen, but I am nearly 9 weeks and I am still pregnant so must be doing something right so far! My scan is in 21 days and honestly I am counting them down, I really can't wait for it just to check everything is okay!

I wish you a healthy and happy pregnancy and good luck with feeling as rough as I do right now! LOL xxx

Hey! Welcome to the first trimester! I am on my second pregnancy and I also have the "what will be will be" attitude as of course anything could happen, but I am nearly 9 weeks and I am still pregnant so must be doing something right so far! My scan is in 21 days and honestly I am counting them down, I really can't wait for it just to check everything is okay!

I wish you a healthy and happy pregnancy and good luck with feeling as rough as I do right now! LOL xxx

Congratulations!

I'm so excited for that first scan and in a weird way in kind of excited for sickness and the aching, I think cos it might feel a bit more real then lol.

Oh yes it certainly feels real alright! Big fat reminder that youre pregnant lol! I haven't really changed anything about my lifestyle apart from I am being healthier and actually eating less because I want to lose weight this pregnancy rather than gain any. I drink decaff tea and that is about it! I can't give up prawns because I love them! lol! xxx

I'm a strong believer in 'if its meant to be it will be' so I'll just telling myself that when i get scared.

Yep I've cut out coffee & all the foods you're not meant to have. Get yourself onto pregnacare. The only caffeine I have comes from Pepsi max.

Its our first as well. I am 37 ( soon 38 ) so have the age risk factor and we tried for almost 3 years after finally getting pregnant with ivf so i am super scared and paranoid!! I have my 12 week scan on tuesday and if thats ok i will try to relax a little :). Its normal to be scared x

Yep I've cut out coffee & all the foods you're not meant to have. Get yourself onto pregnacare. The only caffeine I have comes from Pepsi max.

I have also cut out coffee- well apart from the latte I have with my mum when shopping on a Saturday! I am drinking decaf tea and have decaf Diet Coke. I stopped smoking the day I found out, I am trying to eat a lot healthier (I am overweight, but lost 3 stone before conceiving!) but that's easier said than done at this time of year! All I have is tiredness and a bit of nausea at night, nothing else- hard to believe I am pregnant sometimes! I am also a strong believer in what will be will be... But I am having to calm my mum down from buying lots of things for the little bean!

Ha Kirstyleigh my mum can't wait to start buying too but I've told her she has to wait until 12weeks at least!

I get really worried cos I have really got any symptoms :/. I've had 2 BFP, I'm waiting for the results to come back from the doctors, when I went the first time the told me that it was too early for them to tell and the over the counter tests are better than theirs :/. My boobs aren't sore, they do feel bigger. I'm weeing a bit more often through the day and in the night. Is anyone else the same?
Xx

Congrats! I was the same, I dont think any symptoms really kicked in until about 7 weeks. I did find that my nose felt blocked for the first couple of weeks though

Hi MrsP123, I am so worried as I have no symptoms either. I am so tempted to go and buy another test just to check it still reads pregnant!
I am 8 weeks and 3 days today. I actually think I am weeing less now then a few weeks ago and I have never woke up in the night. The only symptom I have is being slightly more tired then usual.
I have my scan date for the 29th Jan so I will feel so much better once I have the scan.
Have you received your scan date yet?

Hi MrsP123, I am so worried as I have no symptoms either. I am so tempted to go and buy another test just to check it still reads pregnant!
I am 8 weeks and 3 days today. I actually think I am weeing less now then a few weeks ago and I have never woke up in the night. The only symptom I have is being slightly more tired then usual.
I have my scan date for the 29th Jan so I will feel so much better once I have the scan.

MrsP I am the same as mrsC.
I'm 9 weeks today. I'm just constantly tired. No sickness. No sore boobs although I have v.sensitive nipples. I had weeks 5&6 where I was off food but that's it. We're just the lucky ones i guess!

Not yet, haven't seen the midwife yet. I know it's really early, just worried :(.

Try not to worry.
I look at it as some women go months before realising they are pregnant so they must have no symptoms also.
I think we should just count ourselves lucky as we may be talking too soon and we will be hit with it all in a few weeks time!!
x

OMG, I am sooo jealous, I can't stop throwing up! Enjoy it girls xx

All is good with me, still have no nausea or sickness!
But do have tiredness and bloating and was delighted last night as it was my first night waking up in the night for the toilet!
I am counting the days down now until 29th Jan for my scan. Oh the excitement!
Have you your scan date through yet? How are you feeling?
X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back