FIRST APPOINT AT DOCS, WHAT TO EXPECT

Discussion in 'Forum Friends' started by flame1981, Aug 1, 2005.

1. flame1981

flame1981 Member

HI LADIES

JUST FOUND OUT IM PREGNANT! GOING TO THE DOCTORS ON THURSDAY! FEELING NERVOUS AND EXCITED AT THE SAME TIME, WHAT CAN I EXPECT?
    DO I HAVE A EXAMINATION AND BLOOD TEST? OR IS THAT WITH THE MIDWIFE LATER ON. IM ONLY JUST FOUR WEEKS PREGNANT.

THANKS
    X

2. Kim

Kim Well-Known Member

On my first visit he didn't even do a test, he just took the details of my last period and sent a letter to the hospital for a scan and a midwife appointment.

3. boo boo

boo boo Well-Known Member

My doc didnt do dnethin, prescribed me some folic acid, and set up an appointment to see the midwife that was bout it. So i shudnt see y ur doctors is any different. Good luck.

bec x x

4. Hayley05

Hayley05 Well-Known Member

My doctor examined me and listened to the heartbeat, and took lots of blood....But I was further along than 4 weeks. Good Luck.

5. Rosieroo

Rosieroo Well-Known Member

My Dr wrote/contacted the midwife in order for them to arrange an appointment with me. I had all the first checks done with her.

6. Impatience

Impatience Well-Known Member

I haven't yet been to the docs and I'm 6 weeks!

Should I go now, or wait another couple of weeks? my mum says your supposed to go after you've missed two AF's- but then thats probably the advise of 30 years ago! lol

Angela

7. boo boo

boo boo Well-Known Member

I didnt go untill i was ten weeks. Dnt really think it matters wen u go, but it could be better if u go earlier so u can get ur folic acid etc.

bec x x