First Antenatel class tomorrow...

Zoeox

Reaction score
OH should be able to come too shouldn't he?
Don't want to be the only one turning up with a partner :). X

Yep your OH can come :) When I went it was a mixture of women with their partners and women without.xx

We get a whole day and they have called it an active birth class! It's not until 27th jan so I'll be nearly 37 weeks!

And DH is coming!

I have my first one on Monday and I am making OH come with me, 2 of my close friends who are expecting are also going and also dragging ther OH's.. I heard its always a mixture of women with OHs and some without x

Oooo, :)
That's good then, its only because he's not working tomorrow tomorrow :) xx

I have mine on Sunday for the whole day and DH is coming to that as well. I heard that it was a mix too. Hope it goes well tomorrow and let us know any useful tips they give you!

Had my 1st class tonight! My OH came with me..he really enjoyed it. Tonight's session was broken into 2 parts..1 hour each. The first part was all about breast feeding, questions we had about it and we watched a wee video as well. The 2nd part was with a physiotherapist..who told us all about back care in pre labour...all very informative!

Just got back from my first one! Was better then I expected. OH enjoyed it too! Quite a lot of people turned up, all with their husbands/partners. Going back defo next week :)

Think tomorrow is labour + birth :). I shall let you lovely ladies know how it goes etc

Mine start on tues. I have two sets of the same 4 classses. This first is the town I stay in so hoping to meet some local mums. The other is at the midwife unit about 40 mins away, so I can get to know their team, plus theirs is in the evening so DH cam come. Xxx

Think tomorrow is labour + birth :). I shall let you lovely ladies know how it goes etc

Thats what our first class was about tonight! Was quite informative actually - enjoyed it! OH was glad we went too, and think he learned quite a bit (although he felt a bit sick at her description of 'the show')

My midwife hasn't even mentioned ante-natal classes to me. =( Maybe she'll say something when I'm there next week.

Make sure u ask Nona. I had to book mine myself and was lucky to get a spot. I will be nearly 37 weeks when I have mine so fingers crossed Pip doesn't arrive before then or I'll be clueless!!

We just have the one day one aswell, its on tmrw n both of us are going

Hope it goes well hun let us know what you lears :) x

I had to book mine myself. Anyway; had my first class this afternoon was labour & birth and very informative. OH came and think he learnt quite a bit too. x

My midwife phoned today to tell me that the course I booked my place on (first I've heard of it) has been postponed from this Monday (good job - else I'd have missed it) until next! At least I know what's happening now.

We booked ours today for end of Feb/start of March. Are you ladies doing NCT classes or just the free NHS ones out of interest? We were going to do NCT but it worked out at £230 so we have used the money to buy a tumble dryer and doing the freebies instead!!! lol

We booked ours today for end of Feb/start of March. Are you ladies doing NCT classes or just the free NHS ones out of interest? We were going to do NCT but it worked out at £230 so we have used the money to buy a tumble dryer and doing the freebies instead!!! lol

We're going to the NHS ones. Found it surprisingly good after some people have said they were crap. Me and OH enjoyed it and can't wait for the next one!

I sent my booking forms away AGES ago and still not heard back, must phone and find out when they are. x

We're doing the NHS ones too as the NCT ones worked out at £320 in our area and we thought it was better spent on stuff for cub. But I'm glad we're going for the NHS ones now as a lot of people (including midwife) have said the NCT ones are lovely but very much geared towards natural without any complications at all and the NHS ones are a bit more practical and because we do them in the hospital you get to actually see the environment on the day (this might just be in my area though)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back