First AF after MC...Blood clots?

PeanutButter

Reaction score
Hi, well AF came on monday. I usually spot the day/night before it comes but this time was just straight into heaviness lol. Its also ALOT heavier than my normal cycles and has blood clots in, I usually get small tiny ones but it looks like the stuff that was coming out with the mc blood. They told me nothing was left in there so it cant me that... The blood clots only started happening today. Im going through 8 hour pads in about 2/3 hours and they are full. This morning it slowed down abit, then about 1ish i had to get changed because I leaked through, i thought it was slowing down for good :wall2: and thats when the blood clots came etc. BUT I haven't got pain, even in my normal cycles I have loads of pain, and usually take paracetamol every 4 hours with ibruprofen. I have took 4 paracetamol from monday till now. which is strange :/ lol
Ugh, just annoying I dont want to go back to the doctors, I don't think I ov'd either so nothing to do with a chemical etc.

Dont know if this is any use but when I was mcing I got admitted to hosp because I was loosing so much blood, they was going to take me into theatre just because of how much there was of it... So maybe it has somthing to do with that? Idk. The first af after my first mc was normal and had no problems.

I've tried googleing but not had much luck...

Last edited:
My first AF after mc's were just like yours, they were truly awful but back to normal the next month x

This is my first month too and it's been so bad, had to medicate when I never usually do. Had clots, and aches for over 7 days. Still feel like I need more out, feels a bit odd. Spotted for ages before and today would usually be gone by day 5 but still spotting.

X

I was the same after MC. Normally only get slight cramps during af and a very mild flow but after MC I was doubled over in agony and went thru a lot of pads.

Sorry to hear about ur MC xx

Thanks ladies. Just was worried because it didnt happen with the first mc lol xx

Well... I haven't really bleed at all today, I usually bleed for 7 days. Its been 4! What on earth..

I had the same for first AF after second mc. Bled very heavily (through clothes) but only lasted 3-4 days then nothing. No pain. Second one was back to normal. I didn't have it after my first mc. First one I had medical management for a mmc and second was a spontaneous

It's nothing to worry about hun, it's very normal whats going on. I think they say it's only a cause for concern if you're going through a pad every hour.

With mine it was heavy and painful and only lasted 4 days (rest was ever so slight spotting). Only issue I had was I couldn't stop blooming vomiting so I was taken in hospital for that as I got super dehydrated.

Cross fingers everything is back to normal next cycle for you and hugs x

I found my Af after MC wasn't particularly painful but I did bleed more and I bled for about 6days normally it's no more than 4 at the most but I had dark brown discharge for well over a week which is unusual for me!
Even 2nd cycle I stopped bleeding normal time 3/4days browny discharge for couple of days then on day 10 after clear discharge i spotted brown stuff again overnight.
Weird my body has been odd since guess it takes time to settle down!

XX

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back