firm belly (really scared!!)

maren

Reaction score
I gave birth 10 weeks ago and am freaking out with my belly.

my belly is going flatter, although not quick enough and it has a firm lump in it (it's smaller than it was, at the bottom of it.) Apparently, it was much bigger after labour, i didn't know , and i probably wouldn't have wanted to, as i had alot going on at the time! I was checked after three weeks. Im confused as i thought tummies were supposed to go flabby/ feel jelly-like. Not have a firm lump in it.

It is impacting on everything i wanted to do, im jus scared and just want to be comfortable!!

I've got no advice really hun but didn't want to read and run. Can you go and see your doctor if only to put your mind at rest? xx

Is it painful? It could be your muscles or any chance of it being a hernia? My abs still haven't closed but my tummy went flat very quick and not flabby, I got referred to a physio at my postnatal check up. I'm quite fit and the physio said that was part of the reason as my abs didn't relax enough during pregnancy so are now resisting closing, or something like that! If you have a big gap you can get a hernia poke through.

Thank you for the reply! It doesn't hurt, i just want to lie down more comfortable and it just stops me from being able to so all the things tht i want! My tummy's gone flatter today from yesterday!

Did you have a natural birth? I had keyhole surgery 4mths after having jack and around my scars went really hard for a few days and it was the muscles/tissue inside healing. Could it be that? Mine didn't hurt either x

It was all natural, and the baby had her head down but was on the side, so then i needed tool assistance (forceps). Could it be tissues and muscles inside, then? Thanks for the reply! x

Just wanted to say Had a doctor round touched my belly, and she said everything is normal.
Wanted to jus thank everyone who replied, i was freaking out! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kiara.y2
Back