Finished the babies' room!!

Kerry

Reaction score
Horah!!

After getting hubby to finally put the furniture together at the weekend I have today finished the nursery!!

I didn't have to do that much as it was already decorated in classic winnie the pooh from when my little girl was in there. But I had to sort furniture, put things away, clear out the xmas decoration boxes, wash clothes etc and now I am done!!

It's such a relief as I just know that I need to make the most of the energy I still have as in a few weeks time I just will not feel like it. All I have to do now is wash and put away any other bits of clothing that we buy or are given which I am sure I can handle.

Just wanted to share my relief and excitement with you all.

Much love

cool hun :)

its a great feeling once you finish a room, we had to swap the kids over here, ethan went in teh bigger room so he can share with Coby in teh future, took ages but was great when we finaly finished them.

you got any pics??

Our nursery is kind of done, but we're still waiting for delivery of the wardrobe and drawer units.
It's decorated and the cot is in there.... but the baby clothes are EVERYWHERE, I can't wait to sort it out!

I'm not clever like you lot and don't know how to post pictures!! Duur!!

Kerry said:
I'm not clever like you lot and don't know how to post pictures!! Duur!!

you can email me the pic and I'll post it for you if you like...or... it's very easy, I can explain so you can do it yourself...?

Well Done Kerry :)

I am itching to start getting all the clothes washed etc - and Im glad you have already started it cos I know people are looking at me as if I am mad when I say I just want to get it underway.

Have ended up aruging with D/H all night about helping round the house. For the last week I have been very breathless (which I wasnt expecting till later on into the pregnancy) but I need to get the rest of the house sort of straight before tackling the nursery. Its all decorated and the cots up but you can't get in the room for bin bags of clothes and toys etc we have been given!

Im still on Christmas break (go back work on Monday) and Im hoping to get all the rest of the house sorted before then so when I go on maternity leave I can concentrate on Baby things!!!!!!! My midwife suggested I go on maternity leave earlier due to the tiredness and breathlessness - I was meant to be staying at work till 1st week of Feb, but it looks like that might all change. When do you finish?

L x

Thanks for the offer of help with photos......hubby gone to work with camera today so will do it asap.

Hi Lisa,
As I am self employed I chose not to take on much work at all when I was pregnant so haven't worked now for a couple of months........well, except being a full time mum to 2 others, a housewife and devoted wife, LOL.

Unfortunately with two at school you still have to be out of the house by 8.30am which I must admit is beginning to become harder by the day but at least I can come back and chill out till 3pm when I have to go and pick them up. Well, thats the idea anyway, my days seem to be swallowed up with chores and housework at the moment.

Lots of love

Kerry said:
Unfortunately with two at school you still have to be out of the house by 8.30am which I must admit is beginning to become harder by the day but at least I can come back and chill out till 3pm when I have to go and pick them up.

LOL I have just made a thread about the dreaded school run in the "first year" section.

Well done Kerry i must post my pics soon, did the baby get the loft room?

Would you still like to meet up soon? It would be lovely to see you again!

Yep, baby got the loft room........so I won!!!!

I am just uploading pictures and learning how to use photobucket so there should be pictures on here soon.

Yes would love to meet up, anytime is good for me.

Bear with me whilst I try to sort these pictures

DSCF1007.jpg

That seemed to work so here's another:

DSCF1008.jpg

This is really quite easy!! I'm on a roll now!!

This is the crib ready in our room, got to shift furniture so I can have it at the side of the bed not the end.

DSCF1006.jpg

And here is the cot, mattress still wrapped as we won't need it for a while yet!!

DSCF1009.jpg

awww looks nice, i love the furniture!

Thank You, it's all cheap and cheerful argos I'm afraid. I should fib and say its very expensive but its not.

The crib was mothercare which was bought for my daughter 5 years ago.

The changing table was argos and I nearly didn't get it as it looked really cheap and nasty in the book but I am so glad I did as it's a really solid chunky bit of furniture. It was only about £49 something like that.

Aww it looks great!

Well done for posting pics too!

My mattress is still wrapped as Brody is in his crib in our room.

How sad it this?: I have still "made" the cot up with all the bedding over the top of the plastic wrapping! :oops:

urchin said:
How sad it this?: I have still "made" the cot up with all the bedding over the top of the plastic wrapping! :oops:

LOL I have done that too!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kiara.y2
Back