finger food question

rach

Reaction score
hi all as most of you know im really scared with giving finger food :oops:
i am making myself give him something everyday and slowly getting more confident but have only been giving really easy stuff so far
today i gave him toast and bread and butter for first time scared me stupid :oops: he was trying to ram the whole lot in his mouth i was in a right sweat :(
anyway advice i wanted was best size and shape to give him toast or bread and butter might sound silly but just wanted to know how everyone else gives it xxxxxx

also gave him some yeast extract on his bread and butter only a tiny bit to see if he liked it and afterwards he was quite red on the skin around his mouth which faded after about 10 mins is it maybe too strong for his skin? or could he have an allergy to it? i gave him yeast extract instead of marmite as i think marmite is a lot stronger any ideas anyone? xxxxxxxxxx

I usually cut toast in to fingers but thinking about it now it might have been better when Jake was little to have cut toast in to four squares to make it harder for him to shove the whole piece in to his mouth. I'm not sure about the yeast extract. I have given Jake thinly spread marmite before and he was fine with it.

thanks gemma will try squares 2moro he had fingers today :( maybe with squares he wont put so much in :pray: and i wont have heart failure every 5 mins lol
think i might leave the marmite for a bit and try him again when hes a bit older perhaps its just too strong xxxxxxxxx

Try a little bit of cheese spread, jam or smooth peanut butter(if you don't have any allergies in the family). I used to be exactly the same worrying that Jake was going to choke but you will get more confident as Christopher gets older :D

thanks hun he loves cheese will try him on cheese spread today i think tried him on jam yesterday but we only had strawberry and hes not keen on them will buy him some apricot jam today he loves apricots no allergies in family but if i buy peanut butter il not be able to leave it alone and im trying to lose weight lol thanks for all your help xxxxxxxx

Thea loves apricot jam on toast.
I cut her toast into triangles and she has always managed well with that.

thanks hun think christopher will love apricot jam too :D will try triangles thanks for your help xxxxxx

rach said:
thanks hun he loves cheese will try him on cheese spread today i think tried him on jam yesterday but we only had strawberry and hes not keen on them will buy him some apricot jam today he loves apricots no allergies in family but if i buy peanut butter il not be able to leave it alone and im trying to lose weight lol thanks for all your help xxxxxxxx

Jake likes apricot jam :D I know what you mean about the peanut butter because I love it too(shame it's so fattening :( )

lol i know :shock: have you seen how much fat is in it????
but oooohhh its lovely :( xxxxxx

I cut Gabs toast into triangles too and she has always been fine.

She sometimes gets red marks on her face with different food; it goes down soon afterwards though so I am not too worried; I think her skin is just a little sensitive.

Good luck :hug:

thanks all triangles seem to be working ok
and he loves apricot jam :D xxxxxxx

I give him little squares too. Initially he used to ram as many pieces in his mouth as he could and started to choke but he soon learnt not to do that. I started giving him one piece at a time whereas now I can give him a bowlful and he just takes one piece at a time (after tipping the bowl out onto his tray)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back