finding time

amyknight88

Reaction score
for all you girls that have just had your bubs or have everything planned already! lol. i was just wondering how you find time to do your basic everyday things. Im single and i know im going to have the help of my family but i would like to try and go independantly as much as possible as i know im going to have to at some point, although obviously im going to appreciate the help i receive!

Having the baby sleep with me-my beds right up to the wall so is it safe to leave the baby there asleep whislt im in the bed? Ive just been thinking if it takes me ages to get the baby to sleep and then it falls to sleep in my bed i dont want to wake the baby and then try for ages getting them to sleep again so it is ok to leave them in with me?

This may sound silly but when i take a bath is it best to get somebody to sit with baby for the whole time im gone or is it ok to leave the baby alone, take the monitor in with me maybe? or is it ok to actually take the baby in the bathroom with me? i know these questions sound silly but just things ive been going over in my head.

And the last thing - as my baby will be born middle/end of december its going to be really cold, how do i tell if the baby is warm enough? i dont want to make the baby too warm or not dress enough and he/she is too cold?

god i sound paranoid

would appreciate any replies please girls.

Love Amy X

Hi amy,

You don't sound paranoid or silly. I have exactly the same questions going around in my head all the time. From what I have been told, the best way to check baby's temp is to feel their back or chest, if they are sweaty they are too hot or if they feel cold then they need extra layers. I have also been told that when baby is here that when they sleep I should take advantage and have a bath then or sleep. My baby is due mid December also and I am worried that I will either freeze them or make them too hot. I wish babies came with instruction manuals x

i also have a room thermometer it helps but u just trust your motherly instict if u feel cold so will your baby - i learnt as soon as i brought B home - having the baby sleep in your bed with u is very dangerous as u may suffercate him her - when B is asleep nothing wakes him up lol so try putting your baby into his cot.
with the whole having a bath thing i either wait till B is asleep or put him in his cot normally straight after a feed coz then he is quiet for a while!!

dont worry tho i was worried about all this and as soon as u have your baby ull learn may not feel like it now but trust me u will i was the same!

thanks everyone. mum informed me today weve already bougth a thermometer lol i can't remember. think im just worrying over nothing like you say sarah once baby gets here im going to have to use motherly instincts. thanks for your replys. A x

sounds like u got the pregnancy brain lol i am still suffering with it.

even tho u wanna be independent let ur mum help u out u will be grateful in the end

lol i have!

I noticed your pram in your pictures of braydon(hes lovely by the way) and i was just wondering what one it is? baby looks really comfortable in it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back