Finding the 2WW a bit surreal

Blackcat

Reaction score
This is my first 2WW and I'm finding it a little difficult to get my head around it. I've been with my OH for over a decade and for all of that time we've been trying not to get pregnant, so now doing the exact opposite feels really weird. It's not helping that I've realised that I know next to nothing about what's going on in my own body; I feel like I have to Google every little thing.

Sorry, this isn't meant to be a rant, it's all just taking some getting used to

I'm the same...it's the worst....it's my 4th tww and this one has been the most obsessive - it's ALL I think about!

And every tiny twinge has been goggled....I think my 'symptoms' r probably just in my head

i know what you mean about symptoms. Because I've never paid that much attention to what's normal throughout my cycle, I'm second-guessing everything. It's exhausting, and it's only my first cycle

At least you are clued up for your first cycle...I wasted the first month as I had been on the pill for over ten years I had forgotten all about cm, and forgot everything I learnt at school! So was completely doing it at random times with no understanding of the fertile window.

You will get the hang of it before too many cycles. Hopefully you will still be confused and get your BFP! Xx

Hi Blackcat... congratulations on your first 2ww :D I'm in my 2ww too, although we are almost a year in now! Wishing you lots of luck :dust:

I have a very rational/logical brain anyway, but couple of things I keep in mind, which I find helps me stop getting too obsessive, is that every single symptom before a BFP is one that can be attributed to PMS, even the unusual ones that you've never noticed before (which is more likely just that you weren't paying such close attention before!) ;) Mother Nature can be cruel to us when we are in our 2ww.

Also although there are very subtle hormonal changes once an egg is fertilised, it takes a while to reach the uterus & imbed itself and it is the egg embedding which triggers the rising of hcg & other hormones linked to symptoms of pregnancy, so for most people, symptom spotting (although tempting), especially in the first week is far more likely to be normal hormonal stuff & not actually pregnancy related.. so I find just distracting myself completely at this stage is really helpful.

Without any medical issues for either partner, I think each egg stands a 1 in 4 chance of fertilisation... so it can take a few cycles... I really hope it doesn't take you guys too long!

Last edited:
Thanks Birdie. I'm normally quite a rational person, but I think because I don't know what I should or shouldn't be feeling, it's thrown it out of the window. Plus, I'm the kind of person who likes to know what's going on at all times, so I'm well outside of my comfort zone here

Hi Blackcat. I am in the same boat, having come off the pill after over ten years on it back in November. It is very easy to get obsessive about it despite feeling generally sensible in all other respects! I hope your journey is nice and short xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back