Finding out the sex

JamsMom

Reaction score
How many of you are going to find out the sex? I found out with my first and always said I wouldn't with my second but now I'm not so sure!!

I found out with a private scan at 16 weeks. I was going to wait until the 20 week nhs one but I turned 16 weeks on OH's bday so the excuse was there to pay out for a private scan as a surprise present. We didn't mind at all either way, but we were dying to know gender! I think it's lovely to wait too though, if you're patient enough :D

Last edited:
We're going to find out but we're going to wait until our 20 week scan.

XX

We would like to find out. We will have to have a private scan as our hospital won't tell you, so we may go early ish, 17 weeks maybe. We won't tell people we know though and will keep it as our secret :)

I want to find out, but my dw wants a surprise. I'm trying to convince her to find out, but friends we spoke with about it are split, so no help there. If we do, we'll find out at my 20 week scan.

I'm finding out with the Harmony test at 10 weeks lol. If I'm honest I'm really desperate for a girl this time so it will give me lots of time to get over it and get excited if it's a boy. Which I'm sure it is lol. I want the first time I hold him to be full of love not disappointment
Which sounds really awful I know :-/ i would never be disappointed with my baby I'd just need to accept it and give up on the pink dream. .. but I'm sure by the time baby arrives I will be fine with it. We found out with our second for the same reason and it worked well, he was a boy but I had known that since 16 weeks so there was no dreaming of pink and being shocked when a little willy popped out haha, I had totally accepted it by then x

My first was a surprise and that was really lovely too, I would like another surprise but I know I'm better off preparing myself xx

Last edited:
We will be finding out not sure if it's at the 20 we or earlier yet I want to reveal at Xmas so depends when the 20week one falls. My first was a surprise but I want to prepare my son so he can get used to the idea.

I'm finding out with the Harmony test at 10 weeks lol. If I'm honest I'm really desperate for a girl this time so it will give me lots of time to get over it and get excited if it's a boy. Which I'm sure it is lol. I want the first time I hold him to be full of love not disappointment
Which sounds really awful I know :-/ i would never be disappointed with my baby I'd just need to accept it and give up on the pink dream. .. but I'm sure by the time baby arrives I will be fine with it. We found out with our second for the same reason and it worked well, he was a boy but I had known that since 16 weeks so there was no dreaming of pink and being shocked when a little willy popped out haha, I had totally accepted it by then x

My first was a surprise and that was really lovely too, I would like another surprise but I know I'm better off preparing myself xx

Doesn't sound awful hun. I can totally relate!

XX

Me too I'd love a girl but I'd be scared about it ciz I'm so used to a boy I think I may be slightly disappointed with a boy coz then I wouldn't be able have the mother daughter bond me and my mum have but I know hubby is secretly wanting a girl more than boy. Even though after all we have been through we'd both be happy with either I think I'd like to know to prepare myself whatever the outcome!

I've got 3 gorgeous wonderful boys, but admit I'm hoping theres a girl in my belly. Obviously it doesn't matter what sex the baby is but I would love to buy a dress and pretty clothes. Very undecided if we are finding out the sex, I did with my boys but this is my last baby and I'm thinking a surprise would be nice. Saying that Im the worst for surprises I have to know everything.

I didn't find out with my 1st but chose to find out this time...to be honest I don't feel any different in finding out I'm just as excited as I was with my son, no more no less, I was so dazed when he was born that they could have told me I had a baby elephant and I would have said oh alright lol we've managed to keep it to ourselves....I think, have let slip to a couple of people but most people don't know

I think I might be swayed! Logistically it makes sense too!

Yes!! Definitely finding out the gender.
I don't mind boy or girl, be excited with either. Xx

I must admit, I'd quite like a girl to buy pretty dresses for. Plus I'm not sure I can deal with another boy after someone reminded me recently that I'll have a teenager before I know it & that teenage boys means soggy socks /heave!!!!

Last edited:
I don't have a feeling that I'm having one or the other, and I honestly don't have a preference. I always thought I would, but I don't really even think about it now. I can say that I don't have any wish to buy lots of pink and dresses. I have always been such a tomboy. I'm sure if I have a girl that family and friends will buy her plenty of dresses, and I'll use them, but I just don't get the urge to go out and buy any.

I come from a big family with lots of girls (I'm one of 5 girls and I have 1 brother, and have far more aunts than uncles). My eldest sister has 4 girls + 1 boy, another as one of each and the other two have boys. There was a time when the girls outnumbered the boys, but it seems the grandkids have changed those numbers (5 girls + 7 boys), so will the 13th grandchild make things a little more even or add to the boy advantage?

My partner is one of 3 boys, his brother has 2 boys so I'm pretty sure it will be a boy and I'll be over the moon either way but I did like the idea of cute dresses and hairstyles!!

I've already got 2 boys and would love for this one to be a girl but I seem to only produce boys lol! I will be finding out though I'm too impatient and excited and I want to be organised :)

I found out at 21 weeks what we were having. I just couldn't wait lol. Hats off to the ladies that do! Amazing patience lol xx

I have 26 cousins 21 of them are boys 5 girls, every one of them who have had babies have all had boys, my daughter is the first girl of this generation, I was so convinced she was a boy because that's all we've seen for the past 10 years lol

I definitely will want to know gender.. We are secretly hoping for a boy but dont mind either way. I'm the same as you Kabuk, I'm not a very girly girl myself so wouldn't go out my way to buy the pretty dresses or girly hair bows etc lol.. xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back