Finding out gender

Geekachublog

Reaction score
I've been adamant since day one that I am staying team yellow, everyone that has asked has been told exactly that, my husband is with me on it although we had a slight wobble a few weeks ago and I decided I wanted to know.

Had a full in depth with hubby this morning and we agreed to stay team yellow at scan tomorrow, but the more I think about it, the more desperate I am to know. I know it's really silly but I want to know so that I can bond with my little one, but even as soon as 7 hours ago I was agreeing to not finding out. :/

Also, I'm shitting a brick about my scan :(

I think being nervous when the scan comes around is very common! I never found out what sex my little boy was and wont find out this time round either - I love the surprise at the birth! I must say there is always a little part of me that's says "find out! Find out" but in all honesty as long as baby is healthy ill be happy whichever way it goes! The only thing I hate about not knowing is buying boring neutral clothes for the birth! Just go with how you feel when it comes down to it! Xx

Good luck tomorrow Carlee - whatever team you end up being!!! Xx

I don't know how people can stay yellow, I had to know & we found out at the earliest opportunity (15+1). For me I needed to know so I could bond, give him a name, visualise what he'll look like & what we'll do as a family as he gets older. If he'd been a girl I would've needed time to come to terms with this..... + I've had so many gifts that are boy related as everyone knows what I'm having. I know a lot of people that don't find out but personally I am far too impatient!x

I honestly don't think I won't bond with my baby because I don't know what sex it is, I'm growing a tiny person inside me, how could I not bond with it?! That's crazy.

Do whatever you feel, only you can decide

I'm going to find out so I can buy the right clothes & decorate the room! I just find neutral clothing boring etc :( plus main reason is.... Too impatient! Plus I'm one of those people that can't deal with suprises makes me too anxious lol.. So rather just know! :)

But I already feel like I've bonded with baby, I don't know the sex yet! :)
X

Originally I really wanted to find out the sex but my OH wanted a surprise and I agreed that we would keep it a surprise as I thought it would be unfair if I knew and he didn't. Staying team yellow is the best thing I ever did, we are both so excited to have a surprise at the birth, we both think it will be like Christmas Day :D

I have not had any problems bonding with my baby either - I love this little one to bits and everytime me and OH sit and talk to the baby or watch my belly dancing around we both get really big grins on our faces. It's a feeling you just can't beat and I honestly don't think knowing the sex makes a blind bit of difference to how happy that feeling makes you :)

Good luck with your scan tomorrow and whatever you decide I am sure you will be happy :) x

Last edited:
I'm just being stupid, I'm trying really hard to bond ATM but feel really stupid talking to my stomach/don't know what to say, especially as there's been no movement yet... Sure it'll be different when they're dancing around in there as it'll feel like a response haha.

I'm sure I'll stay team yellow but will keep you all posted.

Thanks girls x

Personally I couldn't 'bond' unless I knew what I was having - that is not crazy at all thanks! I admire those who keep it a secret as I can imagine its exciting but I had my surprise at 15 weeks, rather than 40, that's the only difference. Honestly, I would've been a bit upset with a girl so it made even more sense to find out & deal with those emotions before the birth if needs be. Most of my friends are staying yellow but I couldn't stand calling him an 'it' any longer.....he has his own personalised trainers already! Lol x

I was just like this i had a hell of a up in the air week as scan approached! I was even worse at scan , i had to have a cup of tea and chocky half way through to get baby to move out of my pelvis and so i was texting hubby outside hoping hed say go on findout and make it easier for me to crack!!

Once i was in there she said look away from this bit, i said i think ill look!! ( so bad)

The inportant thing for you to know is the monent i got scan over with and got out of hospital and was on team yelliw i was sooooooo proud of myself and knew instantly that it was the right descision for me and im really pleased.

Ive done it both ways before and it makes no difference atall to your bonding with baby.
Stay team yellow if baby allows tomorow and pick your final name choices instead then you will be bonding now, and movement wont be more that 4 weeks away hun , ask them where your placenta is tomorow, bet its posteirior

I was going to stay team yellow as I had foru previous two boys. However, I had a change of heart when I was offered a free 3-D scan where there was chance I might find the gender inadvertantly. As this is my last baby I decided I'd find out as I wouldn't get another chance to have a 3-D scan. Now that I've found out, I don't feel robbed of the surprise. Rather
I feel better prepared for what's to come. However, I think it's a very personal choice and can understand if you would rather not find out, especially for your first.

Jen, you tinker! Are you saying you looked but didn't see anything definitive then? Tut tut! ;)

I was really scared going for this scan. I posted a thread on this and it seems most people feel the same. Having decided we wanted to find out, LO was not intersted in obliging us though and kept legs firmly shut!!! I was just relieved it was all normal. Whatever you decide that will be the important bit, eh?

Personally I couldn't 'bond' unless I knew what I was having - that is not crazy at all thanks! I admire those who keep it a secret as I can imagine its exciting but I had my surprise at 15 weeks, rather than 40, that's the only difference. Honestly, I would've been a bit upset with a girl so it made even more sense to find out & deal with those emotions before the birth if needs be. Most of my friends are staying yellow but I couldn't stand calling him an 'it' any longer.....he has his own personalised trainers already! Lol x

That's not what I said. I said not knowing doesn't mean I won't bond with my baby. Thinking that I won't because I don't know the sex is crazy. I've already bonded with my baby not knowing what the sex is, I didn't and still don't want to know. It doesn't matter to me.

How you felt about the bonding process with your baby is personal to you but I don't agree that couples who don't know don't bond.

Btw I'm glad you got what you wanted!

Good luck today Carlee! Hope everything goes well. I'm sure it will. xxx

Thanks lovely :)
I'm pretty nervous and it's not until late afternoon.. A morning of work awaits me.

Good luck today! Stay team yellow, you can do it! I am so excited to know who we have in there, but just think that it's all so special and wouldn't want to take anything away from that experience, especially with our first! I'm loving the speculation and doing all the stupid gender predictors too and I love up hear other people's predictions too.
Let us know how you get on xx

Good luck today and if you find out now or at 40 weeks the outcome is still the same a beautiful baby!!!
xxx

Good luck today hun, enjoy every moment :) x

Definately enjoy staying team yellow. The thing is the 20 week scan is an anomaly scan not a gender scan. We are fortunate we can find out in this day and age but I think the surprise at birth is far better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back